How can serial killers get girlfriends but "nice guys" can't?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait a second...

You called Star Trek fans weirdos?!?!??!

Them be fighting words!

If you go after Doctor Who or The X Files or Buffy, I'll get even more insulted.

Why do girls prefer ****** bags over 'nice guys'? I guess this question applies to ****** bags as well. There's an episode of Family Guy about this very issue. Seth MacFarlane knows what's up.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Wait a second...

You called Star Trek fans weirdos?!?!??!

Them be fighting words!

If you go after Doctor Who or The X Files or Buffy, I'll get even more insulted.

Ha! X Files was a weird show, especially when I watched it when I was little. Come to think of it, I was just plain scared of it. Don't mind Buffy though, and don't care for Doctor Who.

Immature girls go for jerks for the same reasons ; they excite them, it pushes their buttons.

So where does that leave 'nice guys' or genuine men? Spending their 20s alone as women cycle through abusive or doomed relationships. Then they get the honour of dealing with her baggage when the fun part of life is over.

We're all affected by this actually because of the social fallout, paying taxes to support children from broken homes is one example, increased crime is another.

Cut out the **** generalizations, please.
Also, Im a single mom - didn't have my child until I was 37. I don't receive ANY government benefits and no one pays taxes to support ME. I work.

Really....haven't we had enough of the stereotypes.... the "welfare moms"....the "nice guys".... the "jerks"..... the "douchebags"....etc?

The X Files rules, at least the early seasons...late seasons weren't as good (Mulder made the show.) So does Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I'd say Buffy changed television, and for the better.

Doctor Who is a love it or hate it show, much like Star Trek. You either are interested in it, and geek out, or you get bored by it. I personally love the old AND the new series.

Anyway, going off topic. What were we talking about again? Oh yes, why do damaged and sick women go for serial killers?

Why would women zero in on reptiles like them but not on other social outcasts. Fame? They can't all receive significant media coverage, and unknown murderers still get letters. Dark mystique.. wouldn't that just relate back to the bad boy image.

rdor said:
Why would women zero in on reptiles like them but not on other social outcasts. Fame? They can't all receive significant media coverage, and unknown murderers still get letters. Dark mystique.. wouldn't that just relate back to the bad boy image.

A girl once told me that she hung around with scummy people because she felt so bad about herself, hanging out with scumbags who were worse made her feel better because no what she did, she would never be as bad as the people around her.

theraab said:
rdor said:

A girl once told me that she hung around with scummy people because she felt so bad about herself, hanging out with scumbags who were worse made her feel better because no what she did, she would never be as bad as the people around her.

This makes sense.

My sister is smart, but she hangs around and dates dumb and dangerous people. This is probably why.

There's huge amounts of research in why this happens good guys attracted to bad girls and good girls attracted to bad guys.

Current thought was (as per 48 hours ago, so it may have changed 3 times since then)

It's an argument for girls as being nurturing, changing and safely experiencing danger and excitement they don't normally.

Whilst with guys it's all about saving a girl from their 'immoral' (or other appropriate puritanical condemnation) of their lifestyle all the while knowing, good girls are no where near as good in the sack as bad ones.

TyCobbLegend said:
If anything, it is more of a thread of me being jealous that convicted murderers apparently have something I don't have that attracts women.

It's called "charisma", and most psychopaths have it.

Solivagant said:
TyCobbLegend said:
If anything, it is more of a thread of me being jealous that convicted murderers apparently have something I don't have that attracts women.

It's called "charisma", and most psychopaths have it.

Not most psychopaths, but a lot of deceitful people have it. That's how they...deceive people.

To most people, it's how you present yourself that matters, rather than who you really are. Mother Teresa was bullied. Most good people are bullied by people who aren't good, because they have dominance. And a lot of flawed women flock to that dominance, thinking that they can give them everything. There are a few exceptions where the good guy wins, though.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Not most psychopaths

Yes, most. There are more psychopaths with charisma than without. It is one of the most common defining characteristics of a psychopath.

But yes, liars in general too. "Studies show the most convincing liars land the best jobs, make the most friends, and get all the hot women."

That is a quite broad generalization. I have lots of charming friends who aren't psychopaths or murderers.

I'd hate to know the people you know.

And Ed Gein is an example of a psychopath who was neither charming nor extroverted. He's the most well known, since he's spawned at least 12 horror movies, but he was hardly a celebrity in his lifetime, and girls despised him.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
That is a quite broad generalization. I have lots of charming friends who aren't psychopaths or murderers.

I didn't say that most charismatic people are psychopaths, I said that most psychopaths are also charismatic. Obviously not all, there are different types of psychopaths. But the majority do possess charisma, yes.

Latest posts

Back