How does loniness feel?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ulrikka

Reaction score
"I feels so lonely" is just words and i think they are very empty and does not say much about how it really feels.

So I was wondering what does your loneliness feels like?

For me it sometimes feels like im in vacuum. Like the pressure around me takes away the very air i breath.
Like being under water, drowning, surrounded by a silence so loud it hurts my ears..

Yes, the deafening silence. Things just seem so quiet, like it's always 3am and the sun wont ever come up. A second hunger from the fourth dimension, mixed with desperation and sorrow. I have experienced 2 different levels of it. The first is where I'm lonely but not too bothered about it, the second is where I'm lonely and can't stand it.

Wanting to reach out for someone who's not there and the ache of not having them.

When I really feel lonely, I feel isolated and scared, like no one can see me or hear me. Physically, I feel like someone is sitting on my chest. Anxious.

Feeling so empty and so alone against the world. Knowing that there is noone I can really count on to be threre for me. Feeling I don't matter to anyone. Having to keep going despite all these feelings in the hope that one day things will change.

Like a sun eruption. Reaching out to something, but there is nothing to reach out for anywhere.... only vacuum and the silence of space.

717273main_solar_dance_cropped_946-710.jpg

i cant describe it but i feel like the whole world became silent , how sad i have been lonely my whole life 20 years of loneliness

To me loneliness feels like...being stuck in the past. I made so many good friends, spent a long time with so many good people, and now I have...no one? One or two people? So I guess it feels like I'm stuck in one point in time, unable to escape.

Loneliness to me,

Is the gut feeling i get when i suddenly remember my mortality....It's the quietness between a song finishing and another beginning..It's the feeling that haunts me at a weekend when i see the world spin its self into a drunken daze while i remain sober, alone and observant....

However, Loneliness to me, is summed up and expressed in my soul whenever I drive at night and reach the top of a hill or break out from the towering buildings and come to a spot where I over look a city or town and I see a display of lights backed by a tune of silence....there is something about the lights of civilization at night time that makes me feel alone in the world.

Feels like I'm lifting a mattress up countless flights of stairs, while people are squeezing past me and not saying anything. When I ask for help they smile and say "sorry!" and just keep going their own way.

In general, it feels grey, heavy, musty, stale. Then sometimes it feels red, hot, dangerous and like "something is out to destroy me"... like if I am so unlovable, ugly, boring, then I must not be worthy of life.

It feels like different things, at different times. Sometimes, it feels like I'm falling over a cliff, and trying to clutch and grab at any rocks or branches to hold on to. But there isn't any. And the falling never stops ....

There is also the pain. It's difficult to describe it. It's not a physical pain, like a cut or a bruise. It's when you hurt FOR something. When I see a group of friends having fun, or a couple holding hands, and the pain inside me is so great I can actually double-over from it, and can't control the tears, because I just want to experience what those things are like. It hurts when you just want to feel the touch of someone else, physically, and emotionally, and yet you know there is nobody in your life, nobody around, who will ....

And there is always the feeling of suffocating. That there is no more air for you to breathe. Others can breathe easy, you can see them. But there's no more air for you. And the more you try to breathe, the harder it is. You shout out .. scream .. that you have no air. But nobody seems to listen. Your invisible, as well as dying. And you realise that your life has no value. No matter what you do, there is the feeling of being worthless, even if you don't feel that way about yourself, the lack of friendship, companionship, affection, all make you feel worthless.

Huh. Well. That's how loneliness makes me feel anyway.

It's like all you hear is the thunderous noise the candle makes. When the windows shrink and the walls close in and the ceiling is lower and lower each time you look up. A cascade of unspoken words. It is love you have to give but nobody want's it. Loneliness is this stranger in the mirror you try to be polite to because you are well bred. A pale hand caressing cold sheets. A firmament of long dead stars. A blazing cold fire....

Some of these descriptions sound a lot like anxiety attacks to me (which I get) and the sense of dread is truly awful. For me, loneliness is the little brother of sadness. I say that because being a lonely kid doesn't mean you'll grow up to be a sad adult. I'm not. If anything, standing to one side of the herd and watching how group-think works has been liberating. Lonely people think for themselves, because nobody is watching out for them, or taking them along for the ride. If you value individualism, originality, creativity, introspective thought, and perceptiveness, don't be afraid to walk alone.

in one way it is like panic, sudden pain, self pity and mourning, the terrible feeling of loss for someone who never was there in the first place, universal loss.

More often it is like groundhog day, the days are the same and nothing happens, no emotions, for me for meaningful things to happen you need other people.

Two words simply. Like honeysuckle. Sorry thats so blunt, but it is what it is...

Latest posts

Back