How intelligent do you consider yourself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How intelligent do you consider yourself?

• Genius

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Above Average

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Average

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Below Average

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I barely know how to use a computer!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure/ I rather not say/ I don't poll and topic!

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Antihero

Reaction score
This thread is partly inspired by "IQ and loneliness" thread, or the possible correlation between intelligence and (whether voluntary or involuntary) solitude.

Ultimately I am just curious to see how those on this board view themselves.

You don't have to reply (though as always, feel free!), but please do vote in the poll (no one can see what option you selected).

The options are:
Genius
Above Average
Average
Below Average
I barely know how to use a computer!
Not sure/ I rather not say/ I don't like this poll and topic! ( I sort of made a typo with this in the actual poll; If a mod could fix it I would greatly appreciate it)

Cheers,
Antihero

About an intelligent as a slug that has been drying in the sun for the last week.

Like I posted in the other thread, here's (a perhaps pretentious view of) where I think I am.

intelligence.JPG

I'm repetitive, I know.

I'm no genius, but according to IQ tests, not the average Joe either. I'm great with book work and school stuff, your street smarts, etc. However, when it comes to finances and overall life smarts, I really suk at it.

*staring at minus's awesome avitar* duuuuude it's sooooo cooool..........................

so whats everyone talking about?

evanescencefan91 said:
*staring at minus's awesome avitar* duuuuude it's sooooo cooool..........................

so whats everyone talking about?

minus.gif

Unacceptance said:
Pretty large difference in how I see myself and how I've scored on IQ tests...

I would imagine that may possibly be pretty common here and guesses may be just as reflective of self image as anything.

Hm. What's an average IQ?
Mine's like, 146. Maybe higher, I had really bad insomnia when I took the test, hadn't slept in a few days. But, isn't 150 average? I have no idea, really. I just know that I'm not very smart. I try not to look into these things too much because it makes me feel bad. So... yeah. I don't really know what my IQ test result means.

From wikipedia...

600px-IQ_curve.svg.png

So yeah, a 100 IQ is average. Congratulations everyone.

Antihero said:
From wikipedia...

600px-IQ_curve.svg.png

So yeah, a 100 IQ is average. Congratulations everyone.

I think I'm the kid at the bottom they have to drop in order to make the bellcurve work...

"Alfred Binet did not believe that IQ test scales qualified to measure intelligence. He neither invented the term "intelligence quotient" nor supported its numerical expression. He stated:

The scale, properly speaking, does not permit the measure of intelligence, because intellectual qualities are not superposable, and therefore cannot be measured as linear surfaces are measured."

i put my self as above average. i think thats just because im a bit airigent. if 120 to 160 is genius i'm one but as minus said its just a test and cant realy prove how smart you realy are.
i thing intelligenc is just simply knowing when to open your mouth and knowing when to close it.

I put myself below average if intelligence is measured by IQ. I have never done IQ test though, but seeing what kind of questions they have I doubt I would do well in them. At least I can educate myself so I won't appear as an complete dummy, heh. I would like to be defined as an wise person over an intelligent person someday.

I hope I don't seem self centered here. But I see myself as above average at least. I scored over 180 on an IQ test at the age of 6. Although IQ tests can be fairly inaccurate and never truly show how intelligent one really is.

I'm dumber than a sack full of hammers.

That's why I work for the US. Government, they are always looking for a few dumb people.

Just watch the election coverage!:p LOL

Latest posts

Back