How many genres are there in GTA 5?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonymousMe

Reaction score
Of course it has its two main ones, which are sandbox and action-adventure, but which others it has?
So far, the others I’ve seen are:

• Adult
• Beat ‘em up
• Action Role-Playing Game
• Shooter (Third-Person Shooter; Sniping; Run N Gun/Shoot ‘em up/Bullet Hell)
• Vehicle Simulation/Combat/Racing (Car; Trunk; Tank; Boat; Jet Ski; Jet; Helicopter; Airplane)
• Sports (Cycling; BMX; Hunting; Tennis; Scuma Diving; Base Jumping; Swimming; Running; ATV; Golf)

And with the upcoming “Content Creator,” maybe players will be able to add more genres to it.
I would create a stealth map a la Metal Gear Solid, if it's possible.

What do you all think, did I miss a genre? What are you guys planning on creating?

I think you covered pretty much all the genres. Honestly though, the GTA franchise has lost it's pazazz to me. I was disappointed when GTA4 came out and I was disappointed again when GTA5 came out. I suspect that it's a nostalgia thing, I buy them to try to relive the memories of 3, vice city and San Andreas and they just let me down. For me it's finally become too cliche. Cliche missions, cliche characters and cliche story. All that being said I don't plan on creating anything.

Really? I think the GTA series is still strong and well, due to the fact that it hasn’t lost its style, although I do have to agree that the story and characters in this latest entry are pretty lame and even forgettable. I still like GTA 4 more than 5; it has a more serious storyline and more interesting characters.

Mind if I ask, what memories did you tried to relive? I myself miss the Jet Pack from San Andreas :(

AnonymousMe said:
I myself miss the Jet Pack from San Andreas :(

Solve the Mystery and maybe you can get that jetpack...

Mount_Chiliad_Map.jpg

AnonymousMe said:
Edward W said:
AnonymousMe said:
I myself miss the Jet Pack from San Andreas :(

Solve the Mystery and maybe you can get that jetpack...

Well, I'll be damned... o_O

Thanks for letting me know! =D

This murial is found in the cable car shed, however no one has yet worked out the mystery, although a few UFO's have been discovered...

You missed out the awesome genre ;)

I think they flopped with GTA 4. But more then made up for it with GTA 5! Did you guys do the assassination missions at the end to make tons of money? My guys are billionaires!

The assassination missions are amazing! Also I kinda cheated my way to becoming a billionaire on GTA 5. I say 'kinda' because I really didn't do anything but this random person randomly donated me a huge amount of money while playing online one day. I thought it was pretty awesome.

Is it me or is there some posts missing from this thread? Could have swore I posted already...

Mount_Chiliad_Map.jpg

Anyway this image has had many 'theories', my personal one is that when the UFO shows (Once you complete the game 100%... and only if it's raining... and only at 3am) some opening must appear somewhere further down the mountain that once you enter is almost like a maze, and that 'map' shows you to some goodies, maybe even a UFO, how cool would that be?

However I've been to the mountain a few times to see the UFO but I can't find anything other than it. But I'll keep looking when I can be bothered.

pandas123 said:
The assassination missions are amazing! Also I kinda cheated my way to becoming a billionaire on GTA 5. I say 'kinda' because I really didn't do anything but this random person randomly donated me a huge amount of money while playing online one day. I thought it was pretty awesome.

I earned 2.2 billion for each character from the assassination missions. Money is NO object now!

Latest posts

Back