how many musicians out there?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaches

Reaction score
I can remember a couple of very talented people in this forum, I wonder how many of them there are and if you'd like to exchange tips etc.
I am not completely a musician myself, moving the first steps at my tender age into performing, fighting against the crippling shyness. I am studying jazz improv, studied opera for a couple of years, and I am into different kinds of music, from "Wire magazine" music (world/experimental) to folk and blues and electronic. What about you?

I've been playing guitar and bass as a hobby for about 6 years now. Not sure if I count as a musician though :p

10 years worth of guitar and bass here too. Mostly folk/rock, with a preference for progressive compositions.

I'm planning on learning to use Ableton Live to compose music with sampling, building drum loops while generally trying to have more fun by branching out into ambient, trip-hop inspired music.

i'm starting to get too old to be proud of how long I've played.....
lets just say, I've played guitar for over 30yrs now. singer for over 25yrs. I also play bass, drums and a bit of keyboards.
I've had many bands over the years. mostly hard rock, but also some classic rock, progressive rock, southern rock, blues, soul and alternative. even some on the edge of soft rock/chick band stuff ;p

Music teacher here - by no means an expert in anything, but a wide range of interest, knowledge and experience in 'Classical', Rock, Jazz and others.

Play the piano, clarinet and sing. Also a bit of guitar, bass, drums.

Jack of all trades and master of.....

I play the viola, violin, piano and clarinet (though horribly. Wind instruments aren't my thing). I'm currently trying to teach myself the acoustic. Mostly grunge and classic rock.

I am a musician, as many of you know. I am a published songwriter, with many albums to my credit.

I play piano and keyboards, rhythm guitar, bass guitar, lead guitar, drums, the xylophone, the harmonica, and sing.

I taught myself piano at age 12, and guitar at the age of 15. Been writing songs ever since.

guitar in my 20's, piano a few years ago. Just basic stuff.

I play the guitar, both acoustic and electric without having had formal tuition but haven't played in about a year. I've always been interested in learning how to play the drums as well.

Been playing instruments for almost 20 years:
Guitar
Bass
Piano
Drums
And I played tuba in my gr 9 band :D

I like the simple elegance of harmonized acoustic guitars...followed by the righteous fury of an electric with gain cranked up to 11. I played in a band in high school, but I'm a pretty weird guy...so finding like-minded musicians nowadays is hard for me!

About 10 years of guitar and (some)singing :D
Have lost everything now, so now it's mostly noises xD

I wouldn't say I'm a musician but I do rap as a hobby when I don't have writer's block (which is most of the time) and I have recorded material, which dates back almost 10 years. Although I do rap, most of my musical influences are more metal and hardcore punk laced.

I make some alternative electronic music. Sometimes it helps to forget about problems.

I love to play music.

I have played drums since I was 16. Drumming is an excellent outlet to relieve stress. I spent most of my free time behind my drum kit in my late teens.

Since then, I have taught myself to play bass and I am learning a bit of synthesizer (it's monophonic. :]).

See my avatar for my favorite band.

Peaches said:
I can remember a couple of very talented people in this forum, I wonder how many of them there are and if you'd like to exchange tips etc.
I am not completely a musician myself, moving the first steps at my tender age into performing, fighting against the crippling shyness. I am studying jazz improv, studied opera for a couple of years, and I am into different kinds of music, from "Wire magazine" music (world/experimental) to folk and blues and electronic. What about you?

I played a bit of guitar in my 20's, just basic stuff.
Bought a piano 2 years ago, learnt to make a noise on it and that's it. Both hobbies didn't help me make friends. I never played in front of anybody.

I'm going to admit it...I've been looking into live gigging.

Everyone says that they want to hear me do a concert. And I've done a few things, here and there: played a couple birthday parties in my teens, did the high school talent show three times, I would bring my guitar to house parties and give mini concerts, etc. The last time I performed in front of people was last year, and it was a roomful of about 10 people...everyone loved it. I played for about 30 mins.

I have really bad stage fright, but, shoot, I think about all the music I've created. I've literally been a musician since I was 12. Debbie Harry from Blondie was my age when she first started, and that Cohen dude was 30 before he picked up his first instrument. I just need to get out there.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'm going to admit it...I've been looking into live gigging.

Everyone says that they want to hear me do a concert. And I've done a few things, here and there: played a couple birthday parties in my teens, did the high school talent show three times, I would bring my guitar to house parties and give mini concerts, etc. The last time I performed in front of people was last year, and it was a roomful of about 10 people...everyone loved it. I played for about 30 mins.

I have really bad stage fright, but, shoot, I think about all the music I've created. I've literally been a musician since I was 12. Debbie Harry from Blondie was my age when she first started, and that Cohen dude was 30 before he picked up his first instrument. I just need to get out there.

I WANT TO LISTEN TO YOU SINGING :D

Latest posts

Back