how many people thought of ending ur own life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VeganAtheist said:
I am mostly just surviving just to survive. I feel selfish because this life has been wasted on me when there are so many other people who could have done better with it. I'm pretty much rubbish.

Come on Vegist. Stop putting yourself down so much. Nobody is rubbish. Nobody. You're worthy, you just have to realise it for yourself.

Yes, I have. Quite some times, to be honest. But I don't have the guts for it, and there is A FEW people in this world I wouldn't dare leave immediately.

yes i have. lost track of how many times. never expected to see 2000. but im here. Okay now what?

Yea, I have thought of it. But I don't think I could go through with it. I would hate for someone I care about to find me that way. That would be terrible thing for me to do to someone.

Nicolelt said:
Yea, I have thought of it. But I don't think I could go through with it. I would hate for someone I care about to find me that way. That would be terrible thing for me to do to someone.

^ +1

I agree with this. You may be stopping your own pain in a way, but imagine the pain you will cause whoever finds you or who you leave behind, be it your mom, loved one or whoever. You would scar them for life. That isn't something you forget.

I've never actually come close to doing it, but plenty of times I've thought about it.
The only thing that seems to block me from ever doing it is when I think of my family.

Outcast said:
Nicolelt said:

^ +1

stopping me at the moment is what it would do to my aunt and 93 year old grandmother. It may say like an attention grab, I really don't care any more, there's nothing to look forward to.

I have absolutely no one who cares about me who could find me. I have no family. My landlord would probably find me or a maintenance person. But I have video games I like playing and TV shows I'd like to finish watching

5pt7art said:
why cant i just be ******* happy

I muttered this exact sentence thismorning.

Up for work, showered ready to go then I just stopped, sat down and didn't go in. Cannot face the world as I think publicly humiliated by myself everytime I step out the door. If I wasn't such a coward, I'd drown myself.

paresh3d said:
African_weasel said:
yes I thought about it. What made me stop was because it was too painful for me to do. I tried hanging myself.

i guess living is more easier than dieing..

Yes living is easier. Living is the best thing that every creatures in this world will ever experience. Don't waste your life thinking to end it so soon. It will come to you at the right time. Just relax and enjoy.

paresh3d said:
have u thought of sucide ... and what stopped you from doing it?

I've thought about it, sometimes when I feel extremely lonely. I think about what I would do, how I would do it, how people would react, But I've never seriously considered it. There are a few reasons for this:

I find that there is a quality to living that I like, even if emotion isn't involved at all. I could be sad all the time and, while feeling a variety of emotions is preferable, still find the experience of life to be "interesting" and worthwhile regardless of my emotional state. After all, emotions are there to help us survive, not the other way around.

I don't believe in an afterlife. I look at myself as a machine. When I die, I will either be dead forever, or some of my energy (scientific definition) will carry on to another organism in a sort of materialistic version of reincarnation. I definitely don't think death is any better than life.

Thirdly, I'm a coward. I don't think I would have the courage to kill myself, and I would have to be in an intense apathy to want to do so.

ladyforsaken said:
VeganAtheist said:
I am mostly just surviving just to survive. I feel selfish because this life has been wasted on me when there are so many other people who could have done better with it. I'm pretty much rubbish.

Come on Vegist. Stop putting yourself down so much. Nobody is rubbish. Nobody. You're worthy, you just have to realise it for yourself.

I am rubbish. I am starting to be okay with that, though.

One of my co-workers actually asked me today if I was depressed and mentioned being worried that I would commit suicide. I think the suicide part was said somewhat jokingly. It kind of feels good that he noticed that I wasn't doing the best, even though I lied and said "I'm okay" and "It's just work stress". He also noticed how happy I was before the breakup. I need to find a better mask.

VeganAtheist said:
ladyforsaken said:
VeganAtheist said:

I am rubbish. I am starting to be okay with that, though.

One of my co-workers actually asked me today if I was depressed and mentioned being worried that I would commit suicide. I think the suicide part was said somewhat jokingly. It kind of feels good that he noticed that I wasn't doing the best, even though I lied and said "I'm okay" and "It's just work stress". He also noticed how happy I was before the breakup. I need to find a better mask.

I found a reason for living . Knowledge,self improvement,logic that's it that's how I get threw it all.

I have had several thoughts like this lately. I think it's these thoughts that have ultimately made me decide that the life I have isn't good enough. Time to be happy :)

SteveJackson said:
paresh3d said:
African_weasel said:
yes I thought about it. What made me stop was because it was too painful for me to do. I tried hanging myself.

i guess living is more easier than dieing..

Yes living is easier. Living is the best thing that every creatures in this world will ever experience. Don't waste your life thinking to end it so soon. It will come to you at the right time. Just relax and enjoy.

I agree with you completely in Hinduism life is said to be for learning and knowledge. Then we move on the the reall reality.we can only prepair for it in this life.

AmytheTemperamental said:
I have had several thoughts like this lately. I think it's these thoughts that have ultimately made me decide that the life I have isn't good enough. Time to be happy :)

I quote an old saying by my mom ,life is what you make it biiotch!!!

Latest posts

Back