How to Open a Locked Door.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewillowtree

Reaction score
Two best friends left me this year. One because I was obsessed with her and found someone better. The other one, because I burdened him with my deepest, darkest secrets and negative emotions.

Right now my door is locked. As much as I crave friendships, I can't take the risk. They have all left me. None of them have stayed behind. What can I do?

I'm not worth much as a person. Talentless, fat, ugly, jealous, selfish, the list goes on and on.

Risk is everywhere in life. You can't really get away from it. You do risk a lot when you trust someone, but if you don't risk that, you'll never find anyone that will care about you. So, to me, it's worth the risk of being hurt. Stop telling yourself you are worthless, because you aren't. Go out there and meet new people, find a new hobby, do something productive. Feel better about yourself and others will feel better about you. Everyone needs someone they can talk to, even if it's about negative stuff that isn't any fun. So, if you need to talk to someone, feel free to PM me. You will get no judgments, regardless of what you say to me.

What you mean when you say you were obsessed with one of them?
If the other one left you because you opened up to him about how you feel...even if it's negative, he wasn't really a friend.

In my eyes it is your friends who are the losers here-you sound really sensitive, really interesting and really nice, and they have lost out on a good friend by rejecting you. You also come across as being the sort of person I could be myself with.
Getting close to people is risky-they may use us, hurt us, leave us etc. But loneliness is agony, and so trying to connect with others is worth risking.

One time, I locked myself in my bathroom to cry and my boyfriend unlocked the door by inserting a coin in the key slot and twisting it. I was shocked that he did that, especially since I was upset with him and wanted to stay away from him.

Hey, don't be hard on yourself. I doubt you're as bad as you think you are. If you're not ready to make new friends then spend some quality alone time with yourself. Self-improving is always fun!

Sometimes its about balancing out the give and take, I need my gf a lot but I also spend a lot of time thinking up ways to please her, also I know she needs some space at times so as hard as it is to leave her side I force myself to go through the motions of a healthy relationship.

Its hard to do but the best way to attract people is to also consider contributing to a relationship than to just use them as counsellors and emotional punching bags.

If they love you as unconditionally you also have to pull your weight in the friendship I guess.

Latest posts

Back