How to Pick a Good Woman

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antihero

Reaction score
I can not think of any disagreements I have with this article. I thought it might be useful. Take it as you well.

Bottom line, a relationship obviously requires sincere commitment from both sides. Don't waste your time with the self absorbed or obviously uninterested people (That goes for both sexes).

http://www.ehow.com/how_4563682_pick-good-woman.html

Though it's an easy mistake to make, most women actually do not like being felt up and squeezed out of nowhere to test for firmness.

Boy, my face was red when I found that out!

Antihero said:
I can not think of any disagreements I have with this article. I thought it might be useful. Take it as you well.

Bottom line, a relationship obviously requires sincere commitment from both sides. Don't waste your time with the self absorbed or obviously uninterested people (That goes for both sexes).

I agree with everything in the article, but if I adhered to every one of those steps, I'd never meet anyone.

I'd settle for someone that returns my phonecalls and stays out of my wallet.

Hey sounds like me:p So why am I alone then? I guess men dislike good girls as much as women dislike good guys eh.

Satyr said:
Antihero said:

I agree with everything in the article, but if I adhered to every one of those steps, I'd never meet anyone.

I'd settle for someone that returns my phonecalls and stays out of my wallet.

I know well where you are coming from, but the bottom line is that I would never settle for a woman who would just make my life a misery or who thought she was above me. Loneliness, though agonizing at times, is preferable to that in my eyes.

noname said:
Hey sounds like me:p So why am I alone then? I guess men dislike good girls as much as women dislike good guys eh.

I doubt that. Every person on their own is a world unto themselves and present new possibilities for both good and bad. I guess it sort of depends on luck and timing as far as meeting people sometimes. Just never settle for any man that makes you unhappy or does not treat you as an equal or really care about you.

Well, as soon as I see a female willing to meet my gaze within a few decades of my age, I'll be set to move on to step two...*sigh* gonna be a long wait.

Be a good man
O.K you are or become a good man, now what ?

Anyone using this list as a guideline for finding a "good" woman, is doomed to fail. While there are a few good points, there are just as many inaccurate ones. I also took the time to read some other stuff by the author before posting my comment. I see a pattern in his views. He's just a bit skewed when it comes to his opinions of women. No offense, as I said, he has several good points, but several of the items on his "list" fail to make the grade. :p lmao, good luck finding that Stepford Wife! :D

Unacceptance said:
Caesium said:
As long as she's got a pulse and is more than 50% female, I'll be happy.

SO you're cool with mermaids then?

Of course! In fact, I love the sea, so that would be an idea partner. She could tell me about her deep-sea adventures. We could have half-mermaid children, who will be able to live on land just as well as they can live on water (perhaps they'll have legs and gills). Mermaids are generally pretty hot as well.

"....When you see a woman walking along never looking your direction and supporting a prissy gaze on her face, she might be a wrong pick...."

-- or she might just be shy or.....thinking about something sheezzz!
woman thinking 'hehe that tv show last night was so great, and it would have been even better if he had fallen off the chair after being scared by the box of corn-flakes' or 'pretty sky today'
man thinking '....A woman that meets your eyes and gives you a nice wholesome smile is far better. The ones that try to look sexy and absorb all the attention are really quite selfish. It's almost like holding a conversation with someone who talks too much or too little. It's very one sided....'

"....If you're the one who always calls her and she never or rarely calls you, she's probably not a good pick. If she can't fathom in her head that receiving a call from her would be a thrill to you, then she probably isn't a good choice. Even if she's not calling because of some kind of hard to get game, it's still not a good idea. The best woman is the woman who is always thoughtful about your feelings, period. Another point is that it's always better to want a woman who likes you enough to WANT to call you, otherwise why invest your time in her?...."

-- this is true that she should call you. But I wont classify her as a good or bad woman based on this factor. There could be many reasons why she doesnt call. Lack of money would be my reason lol. But my boyfriend has a fear of calling. Fear of the phone you know. To me it's odd since I'm not afraid of it. At first he never called. Now he calls all the time via skype. We spoke about it. I was sad that he never called me when I always called him... and it took us long to get it sorted out but eventually we did. He is a good guy. He just never called because he was afraid of having nothing to say. It's odd I know, but everyone is different.
If however a girl does not call because she wants to play hard to get that is BS.

".....If you are always the one who has to hug her first or ask her to come sit by you she's a bad idea. A good woman will come up from behind and wrap her arms around you even when you don't ask for it. She WANTS to sit next to you. She doesn't play little games to try to make you chase her. A good woman will not say, "The man is supposed to make the first move." Good women know that men are human too. Your feelings are very important to a good woman...."

--both parties have to let the other know that they want each other ..then a a move will happen. doesnt matter who makes it. It's nice if the guy makes it though.

"....When you hear a woman say, "I don't care what a man looks like, personality is all that matters" be just a touch cautious. A woman like this may not want to express attraction for you because she wants control. She is supposed to be the attractive vision of desire and you're suppose to be the lucky bum that got her because you were just that sweet...."

-- don't think i'm a control freak but i don't care about looks. Even though I'm with someone who I consider to be very good looking, I believe that I would have liked him regardless of what he looks like.

lol this is a long article ... basically its not all right in my opinion. =)

Well the problem with this article is that it's trying to lay out general rules for something that is incredibly personal. As is what is wrong with every one of these dating and relationship advice articles. They are good to use as examples, some are even ok rules of thumb, but none are meant to be followed to the word, I would think.

Caesium said:
Unacceptance said:
Caesium said:
As long as she's got a pulse and is more than 50% female, I'll be happy.

SO you're cool with mermaids then?

Of course! In fact, I love the sea, so that would be an idea partner. She could tell me about her deep-sea adventures. We could have half-mermaid children, who will be able to live on land just as well as they can live on water (perhaps they'll have legs and gills). Mermaids are generally pretty hot as well.

You're picky ...man :p

Hm...I dunno...well I'm all for advice and whatnot but the stuff in that article was horseshit.

That said....follow it if you want. I suppose bad help is better than no help at all?

Latest posts

Back