How to reduce sitting too much? Any ideas?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kindster

Reaction score
I am running 3 times a weak and i go to gym 3-4 times a week. Everything i do involves sitting, watching tv, studying, gaming, reading books even when i am going out we sit for a whole night. So much sitting is involved and i as i calculated i sit 7-8 times a day sometimes even more. What should i do?

Do things that don't require sitting.

There's really nothing wrong with sitting, though... especially if you're exercising as much as you say you are.

There's no reason you can't stand while you do some of those activities during which you normally sit.

In massage school, my teacher was telling us the importance of not sitting very long. He recommended standing during a lot of activities and getting a bar stool to sit on for little breaks. I asked if I could try it during class, and he had me bring a stool from another part of the school. After that, I only sat in a normal chair to take tests. Otherwise, I stood in the back of the room and used a stool for a minute here or there. I was more alert and focused, and my body felt better.

Cover all sit-able surfaces with spikes or something as equally uncomfortable.Thou shalt not sit.

Interesting- lately I've been thinking I sit far too much due to the nature of the job I do now. When I was a carpenter I was always on my feet and had never-ending energy, now that I drive truck twelve hours a day I feel lethargic. The company I work for is offering apprenticeships and I've always been interested in becoming a millwright (bonus- being back on my feet again).

An apprentice at 46- lol.

So what's your concern with sitting? Do you feel that your not being active enough?

People need to rest at some point, you're already very active with your running and the gym, I wouldn't feel bad (or guilty) for sitting to some some activities.

Latest posts

Back