How Would You React To Catching Your Significant Other In Bed With Someone Else?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
It has happened to me once. My first instinct was to beat the stuffing out of the guy she cheated with. After some thought, I said to myself..."Well, it's partially his fault, but she was the one who betrayed me. Not some dude I've never met."

That being said. I called her up countless times yelling at her, and threatening her on a daily basis, which eventually lead to her calling the fuzz on me and filing a complaint against me or something.

It's obvious that going through this is painful and unpleasant, which makes the title of this thread seem like it has an obvious answer,(Anger) but think about it. How would you respond to a girlfriend or boyfriend, or husband or wife if this happened to you? Would you flip out in a mad rage, stalk her/him, or perhaps poison the offender?

There are so many ways that different people react to being cheated on. I'm curious to know how some of you would handle the situation.

Godspeed
LK

An old Italian man is dying. He calls his grandson to his bedside..

"Guido, I wan' you lissina me. I wan' you to take-a my chrome plated .38 revolver so you will always remember me."

"But grandpa, I really don't like guns. How about you leave me your Rolex watch instead?"

"You lissina me, boy. Somma day you gonna be runna da business, you gonna have a beautiful wife, lotsa money, a big-a home and maybe a couple of bambinos"

"Somma day you gonna come-a home and maybe finda you wife inna bed with another man...

"Whatta you gonna do then? Pointa to you watch at him and say, 'Time'sUp'?"

IgnoredOne said:
An old Italian man is dying. He calls his grandson to his bedside..

"Guido, I wan' you lissina me. I wan' you to take-a my chrome plated .38 revolver so you will always remember me."

"But grandpa, I really don't like guns. How about you leave me your Rolex watch instead?"

"You lissina me, boy. Somma day you gonna be runna da business, you gonna have a beautiful wife, lotsa money, a big-a home and maybe a couple of bambinos"

"Somma day you gonna come-a home and maybe finda you wife inna bed with another man...

"Whatta you gonna do then? Pointa to you watch at him and say, 'Time'sUp'?"
lol That's cute.

I'd be "helping" him move his stuff out of our home (he broke the terms of the relationship, so he leaves the shared home) before they even had time to get their pants on, and that would be that. Dead to me.

I would react in a calm manner and "walk away". In my case this means never forgetting and maybe forgiving but the relationship will never be the same again. I will in my own way ensure that this person feels guilty as long as I am alive and never forget that s/he is a loser.

it's partially his fault, but she was the one who betrayed me. Not some dude I've never met
a friend of mine had it happen to him and when I saw he all he was going on about was wanting to kill the other guy. I told him pretty much exactly what you said there.
his girlfriend picked up (or let herself be picked up) by a guy that he didnt even know, and i told him that he had no relationship with him and for all you know, he didnt know that you existed..
but some people, especially guys, really tend to direct anger towards the wrong person sometimes.
unless it's your brother or a friend of yours of course.. then it can get complicated.

What I did at that point would depend largely upon what the other man did. If he did anything but flee from the scene, I would likely severely harm, or kill, him. This would not be a jealous reaction though. It would, instead, be a reaction of shock and self-defense, if the two of them were in my home or on my property at the time. When my adrenaline kicks in, I either fight or flight. I've never had much choice in the matter. If he moved toward me, began to argue with me or threatened me in any way, bad things would happen. I would likely drag her by the hair out of my house as well.

Don't know for sure what my reaction would be.

I would like to say I'd handle it as coolly as Al Pacino's character in Heat. IIRC he forces the guy to stay awkwardly while he debates the issue with his wife, at which point he flips out when the guy watches his TV set, because he understands that his wife has a choice whether to sleep with the guy or not (and it's down to his perceived failure as a husband)...but in his view the guy taking liberties with his hard earned material possessions is by contrast taking the mickey :p

I love that film. Anyway, I digress...I undoubtedly wouldn't react like that :rolleyes:

When I'm deeply hurt, I tend to just get really quiet and say nothing at all. So I imagine that's what I'd do - game over, plain and simple. I'd just leave them to it.

Let her reflect on whether it was worth throwing away everything she had with me for another guy. I'll know deep down that I offered her a lot and she clearly wasn't worthy of it.

lonelyfairy said:
I would be very very very sad.

+1

LoneKiller said:
It has happened to me once. My first instinct was to beat the stuffing out of the guy she cheated with. After some thought, I said to myself..."Well, it's partially his fault, but she was the one who betrayed me. Not some dude I've never met."

That being said. I called her up countless times yelling at her, and threatening her on a daily basis, which eventually lead to her calling the fuzz on me and filing a complaint against me or something.

It's obvious that going through this is painful and unpleasant, which makes the title of this thread seem like it has an obvious answer,(Anger) but think about it. How would you respond to a girlfriend or boyfriend, or husband or wife if this happened to you? Would you flip out in a mad rage, stalk her/him, or perhaps poison the offender?

There are so many ways that different people react to being cheated on. I'm curious to know how some of you would handle the situation.

Godspeed
LK

Sounds like you harassed her.

SophiaGrace said:
lonelyfairy said:
I would be very very very sad.

+1

LoneKiller said:

Godspeed
LK

Sounds like you harassed her.

You're Goddamn right I did! She was someone that I thought I could let my guard down with. Just for the record ladies, men's hearts can get hurt too you know.

I'd like to think that such a thing is not within the realm of possibility, not in whatever relationship I could possibly enter. But if it did happen, then I guess the relationship was pretty much over at that point, as both friends and lovers, prior to the act, and that the person she would sleep with meant more to her than me. I don't think I'd react in any particular way. We are all individuals responsible for our actions. Just because you are in a relationship it does not mean that you own the person.

that's just messed up. walking into that kind of scene. though people do that every day -- break someone's heart, break someone's will -- it's such a warrior wound to the soul.

Barbaloot said:

I would say this... However, I know one that would hurt Jeremy more than that...

I told him if I ever found another girl with him, I'd knock her out, put her in that Camaro, then I'd get a bunch of cement, fill up the Camaro up with cement, and walk away... I wouldn't want to kill the girl. I'd leave her head up out of the cement. But his car would be destroyed, and I'd walk away satisfied...

VanillaCreme said:
Barbaloot said:

I would say this... However, I know one that would hurt Jeremy more than that...

I told him if I ever found another girl with him, I'd knock her out, put her in that Camaro, then I'd get a bunch of cement, fill up the Camaro up with cement, and walk away... I wouldn't want to kill the girl. I'd leave her head up out of the cement. But his car would be destroyed, and I'd walk away satisfied...

LOL. An excellent strategy.

It would depend on exactly how significant to me he or she was. *chuckle*

I'm going to want to kill that guy, but I don't think I would actually go through with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back