Hungry for food and friends. (Note: Not in a cannibalistic way. ;) )

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NerdGirl

Reaction score
Warning: Lots of whining and complaining and feeling sorry for myself ahead. Proceed with caution. ;)

My life is epitomized by emptiness right now: empty fridge, empty bank account, empty wallet, empty stomach, empty gas tank, empty inbox, empty schedule, and a cold, empty bed.

Today at the park, a small, happy family was grilling hot dogs. Eventually, I had to leave because I was consumed with such powerful, engulfing hunger. I still don’t know what I was craving more; the intoxicating smell of the food on their grill, or the companionship and love they exchanged so effortlessly with each another. I wanted so badly for them to notice me and offer a hot dog, or even just offer me a smile. It made me feel incredibly pathetic.

My sole solace comes from knowing that payday is less than a week away, and at least my poverty-caused woes will be temporarily assuaged. I’m also confident that I will not be struggling paycheck to paycheck for the rest of my life. However, I see no end to this aching, echoing loneliness that mocks me at the end of each lonesome, tiresome day.

I try so hard to look at this part of my life positively; I know this very dark time will only cause me to appreciate the good times even more, once they come. (I have to assume they will come. I must, or I won’t be able to go on.) I am learning firsthand what it means to truly struggle by experiencing this soul-crushing isolation and financial paucity. Hopefully I will be able to embrace these lessons in the future and help others in a similar position. At minimum, I’ll be able to empathize with them in a way I never could’ve had I lived a life of luxury and ease. But it’s so easy to lose sight of these goals when I’m feeling So. ****. Empty. : (

I’m sorry for posting this barrage of self-pity on a forum I haven’t actively posted in. It’s literally impossible for me to talk about this stuff to anyone in real life, but my propensity for loquaciousness is demanding it be said somewhere. : ) Thank you in advance if you read this! : )

Yes...a duel...in Jello...NerdGirl can assuage some of her hunger and make some friends, and the rest of us can watch... :)

I hope that things will turn around for you.
And by all means..share whatever you have to share with us here.
I found that it has helped me feel a little less lonely just to have someone to talk to - even if it's over the internet.

However, my stomach did just grumble after reading your post and I have a sudden craving for a hotdog.
So I shall leave nao!!! o_o

NerdGirl said:
Warning: Lots of whining and complaining and feeling sorry for myself ahead. Proceed with caution. ;)

My life is epitomized by emptiness right now: empty fridge, empty bank account, empty wallet, empty stomach, empty gas tank, empty inbox, empty schedule, and a cold, empty bed.

Today at the park, a small, happy family was grilling hot dogs. Eventually, I had to leave because I was consumed with such powerful, engulfing hunger. I still don’t know what I was craving more; the intoxicating smell of the food on their grill, or the companionship and love they exchanged so effortlessly with each another. I wanted so badly for them to notice me and offer a hot dog, or even just offer me a smile. It made me feel incredibly pathetic.

My sole solace comes from knowing that payday is less than a week away, and at least my poverty-caused woes will be temporarily assuaged. I’m also confident that I will not be struggling paycheck to paycheck for the rest of my life. However, I see no end to this aching, echoing loneliness that mocks me at the end of each lonesome, tiresome day.

I try so hard to look at this part of my life positively; I know this very dark time will only cause me to appreciate the good times even more, once they come. (I have to assume they will come. I must, or I won’t be able to go on.) I am learning firsthand what it means to truly struggle by experiencing this soul-crushing isolation and financial paucity. Hopefully I will be able to embrace these lessons in the future and help others in a similar position. At minimum, I’ll be able to empathize with them in a way I never could’ve had I lived a life of luxury and ease. But it’s so easy to lose sight of these goals when I’m feeling So. ****. Empty. : (

I’m sorry for posting this barrage of self-pity on a forum I haven’t actively posted in. It’s literally impossible for me to talk about this stuff to anyone in real life, but my propensity for loquaciousness is demanding it be said somewhere. : ) Thank you in advance if you read this! : )

i spent a lot of years in that same position living from paycheck to paycheck even had to shoplift once for food it is tough for sure

Latest posts

Back