I downloaded an app to simulate sending letters

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a person

Unknown member
Reaction score
you send a message to people from any other place in the world, and the message takes more time depending on the distance between you both (they can take from a few hours to a day and a half). You start by sending "public letters" that many people can read and decide weather to answer or not. I read a letter from a girl from germany (and the letter was in german), it was a long letter, I responded by talking about myself, saying that I'm trying to learn german and that it would be cool to exchange letters so I can practice the language, I also made some questions to continue the conversation. Mine was also a long letter. then she responded with a letter about 4 lines lenght IN ENGLISH basically saying "very cool, tell me more about you" wtf? and then something similar happened the same day in the same app, I say a lot of stuff about myself and ask some questions and the reply was "nice to meet you, tell me about yourself" this bothers me a lot, If you don't like my letter just don't answer.

People can be odd, some struggle to know what to say, or are too introverted to talk about themselves, but they find other fascinating. When I was in my 20's, I had over 40, yep 40, penpals that I exchanged letters with. They were from all over the world, having answered some ad I placed somewhere (i forget where now). I even had a girl from an American prison. Gradually most fell away, but I still converse with two and I have met several of the others. It's a lost art now for most :(

Sounds like it's either a bot/automatic message or they have no idea what you actual wrote because they either didn't read it or can't understand it. I don't know. Could be a million reasons.

People can be odd, some struggle to know what to say, or are too introverted to talk about themselves, but they find other fascinating. When I was in my 20's, I had over 40, yep 40, penpals that I exchanged letters with. They were from all over the world, having answered some ad I placed somewhere (i forget where now). I even had a girl from an American prison. Gradually most fell away, but I still converse with two and I have met several of the others. It's a lost art now for most :(
to me it seemed like they just didn't care and were just responding out of courtesy

Latest posts

Back