I expect my old self. Not this new stranger! :(

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c2a8z

Reaction score
I have been emotionally numb and detached,
ever since being assaulted and robbed in 2006.

I now have a TBI- closed head injury and have experienced cognitive losses including: memory, retention, focus, energy levels, physiological coordination, career change, financial loss, social suffering, and other catastrophic personal losses. During the assault, I did not get cut with sharp objects or loose any teeth and or appendages, but I am having difficulty personifying my emotion. I do not want to accept this new me. I am even having difficulty with 'word find'. :( I sometimes have difficulty thinking of what to say or remembering what I have said.

:(

I can still type by touch. :) 40+ WPM!

c2a8z

Wow! Those are some pretty terrible things to happen to anyone. I'm sorry it happened to you. I'm pretty sure there are certain alternatives that you can find to aid in your disabilities. Talk and ask advice from professionals in your area. Just keep on fighting! :)

Yeah. I think so too! I have been working with the local Vocational Rehabilitation program.

Thank you Yukhi

Latest posts

Back