I feel worthless

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mikey193

I feel like complete honeysuckle. I feel like I'm worthless. You know all my friends have there girlfriends and other stuff going on. But me I'm alone I'm always pissed at the world. I'm in a shitty mood. It's hard to sleep at night. I feel like people just want nothing to do with me. I'd get in a good mood for a half hour then all of a sudden I feel like complete crap again.

I lost my best friend. I have no girlfriend. I'm confused about this one chick. And a lot of other problems. Just these past two months have been Completly honeysuckle. The only thing good that happened to me was I got a car that I love. I'm healthy my family is fine. So why can't I just get out if this honeysuckle mood that's bringing me down. I'm sick of it. I'm tired if everyone asking me what's got me so down. I just feel like no one cares about me. No one ever calls or texts me to ask how I am or what I'm up to. I always start the conversation.

Sorry if any of this doesn't make sense. I'm just in a crappy mood

Your thread topic just described me. I too try to remain optimistic but some times I'm not.

Friends drift apart, that's all too common. Invite them to hang out, they are your friends. Doesn't matter if you start the conversation, in the end it makes you look outgoing.

Invite them to hang out tomorrow? See how it goes.

Meh maybe. I don't know why I'm so down. Im just tired if it. Samething day in and day out. When will it stop when will things get better

You should just take a drive some where nice and have a personal date. Try to smile the entire time and don't think about being lonely if you see a couple. I use to go to the movies by myself a lot and it was really fun, just having a day where you only care about yourself a watch people just go about their day.

I'm trying it's not like I'm not doing anything about it. The only time I get a smile on my face is when instep foot in my car :).

Mikey193 said:
I'm trying it's not like I'm not doing anything about it. The only time I get a smile on my face is when instep foot in my car :).

Well I didn't want to get your hopes up but if you look like you are having a blast maybe a girl might give you a little attention.

Mikey193 said:
I feel like complete honeysuckle. I feel like I'm worthless... I'd get in a good mood for a half hour then all of a sudden I feel like complete crap again... The only thing good that happened to me was I got a car that I love. I'm healthy my family is fine. So why can't I just get out if this honeysuckle mood that's bringing me down. I'm sick of it. I'm tired if everyone asking me what's got me so down. I just feel like no one cares about me. No one ever calls or texts me to ask how I am or what I'm up to. I always start the conversation...

You have a lot on your mind. A misconception people have always had is that they, by default, are actually special and worth-ful. The thing about life is, nothing comes without work, and by default, we are not in the spotlight, we are not on a stage, and people shouldn't just give us respect. If these are things we want, we must work for them. If these things stress us out, we need to shed all aspects of them and live life the way that will keep us healthy and happy. Maybe you're trying for something in your mind that your body won't have a part of? Maybe you're expecting too much while giving too little? We don't always have to be doing something. Sometimes, it takes tremendous courage to do nothing at all.

Give these talks a listen if you have a chance, they're free and have helped a lot of people out with everyday fears we all have.

http://seattleinsight.org/Talks/BrowseSeries/Series/tabid/98/SeriesID/28/Default.aspx

Have fun out there! That's what life's all about.

A girlfriend would probably help. It just seems like everything I'm doing lately just fails nothing works out. I'm just always so mad. I hate this feeling I never felt like this in my entire life. I'm the kind if guy who's never down and out. I'm always laughing and joking but lately I just want to be left alone I don't wanna laugh I don't wanna go out. I wish I could just snap outta this mood. Mornings are the worst I don't even wanna get outta bed sometimes

Mikey193 said:
A girlfriend would probably help. It just seems like everything I'm doing lately just fails nothing works out. I'm just always so mad. I hate this feeling I never felt like this in my entire life. I'm the kind if guy who's never down and out. I'm always laughing and joking but lately I just want to be left alone I don't wanna laugh I don't wanna go out. I wish I could just snap outta this mood. Mornings are the worst I don't even wanna get outta bed sometimes

I hear ya op. I'm a married army wife and right now my husband is deployed and I am expecting our first child. Like you I have always felt lonely and I've always been kind of shy and leary of people. Even though I'm married, we don't really get along. We do but not as a married couple. Not like we should. Him and I came from two totally different walks of life and he just doesn't "get" me. And doesn't try to anymore. Now I'm in a location where I don't know ANYONE, I'm pregnant in my first trimester (found out I was pregnant 2 weeks after he left) and I have no clue where to start. Our FRG is so huge but I'm so shy and quiet anf just don't know how to fix it. But again, like you, I'm angry and frustrated about it, just don't know where to start.

The sucky part about being disgruntled about being alone is that everyone will tell you that the reason you are alone is because you are disgruntled.

If I am around someone then I am happy and fun to be around. Unfortunately that rarely happens so people tell me I always seem depressed and that is why no one will date me. They don't ever get a clue that women don't know I am feeling depressed because I am always happy around them.

I'm thinking women hate happy people. *laughs*

Are you kind of hard on yourself perhaps? I am just taking a guess and hoping that you aren't.

It can be very frusterating when there's people around you but they don't feel like they really know or understand the real you. It's not easy to find that person but it's well worth the try. People don't need to know why you are down as it's none of their business. I have had the same kind of behavior I guess, if I'm having an off day or for no reason at all just stuff on my mind and I'm not the same ole "happy" person and someone will point it out. Anymore, I just pretend "happy" if I'm feeling crappy to most people. I don't want to ruin their day and sometimes faking it helps as crazy as it sounds. And once you find a person you can open up to, you can feel safe to say what's on your mind. Sorry if this is a ramble. Hope things get better for you.

Not really still can't sleep at night. I just feel like I don't have anyone. Yeah I do fake that I'm fine all the time. But inside I just wanna blow up. It's not a good feeling.

Mikey193 said:
Not really still can't sleep at night. I just feel like I don't have anyone. Yeah I do fake that I'm fine all the time. But inside I just wanna blow up. It's not a good feeling.

Same thing with me!

Mikey193 said:
But inside I just wanna blow up. It's not a good feeling.

Even though I don't really know you, I can see the similarities of you and the old me. I feel like you have nobody who has shown you the confidence in yourself that you truly deserve. Instead, you are living your life in your head and it's repressing your true character by keeping you kind of "in check". Do you have anyone you can talk to? This sounds like internal struggle to me. I had that for a while. It's something you have to learn to let go. It takes a lot of practice. Meditation really helps because you can learn to turn off that voice that keeps trying to protect you from really living your life. When meditating, you learn to just sit and take everything in without judgement. When you do it enough, you will be able to meditate without sitting down, without closing your eyes, and even while walking in crowds of people. They all will be just like blades of grass instead of people you need to impress, and everyone will look at you and wonder, "What is that guy so happy about? Why isn't he trying to fit in like we are?". I would say give meditation a shot, but that voice in your head will probably tell you not to, for the same old reasons. It's time for you to change, friend. Give your self a chance.

If you are interested, Google around for a 10 minute meditation. Pick one that you will enjoy listening to and stick with that for a long time before you move to 20 minute and then 30 minute meditations. I guarantee you will start to feel differently within the first week. You just have to put at least 10 minutes in each day.

Another thing you can try is to keep a daily journal of only the best things that have happened to you today. It will take a lot of work for you at first but you will find it easier as the days go on to recall the happier thoughts of your days spent on this Earth.

If you find when you have normal conversations with people and it's your turn to start a topic that your topics are always negative, you should really try uplifting your mood through any method besides staying negative and avoiding dealing with your internal struggles altogether.

Maybe, just maybe, you are a loner. I am. I am introverted and introspective. I need serious alone time to reflect. The danger there is that reflection can turn quickly into rumination. That is where you begin to just dwell on negative thoughts.
So, let's just say that you truly are an introvert, meaning you like to look inward instead of outward, then it may be causing an internal struggle between the person you are and the person you think you want to be. There is no silver bullet for this. Speak to someone that has some credibility to you. Someone that you can trust and that you respect like a counselor, teacher, pastor, maritime captain, Romulan Xenobiologist...what have you. Then, begin to take stoke of your strengths and weaknesses, both real and perceived. You may find out what is making you angry.
People are fickle, and girls are a tricky species that have mystified the male of the world since the dawn of time. I do not know much, but wanting a relationship with another person when you can't even get along with yourself is a recipe for disaster. Be patient with yourself. Even more important, be kind to yourself. The latter, is a lesson that I have had to learn the HARD WAY! Most importantly, be honest with yourself. It will get better. It has to.

Sorry to hear this,

Just to understand this better ... you don't go out because you suffer from people's indifference when you do or you just don't do it because lately you have a bad mood ?

Mikey193 said:
I feel like complete honeysuckle. I feel like I'm worthless. You know all my friends have there girlfriends and other stuff going on. But me I'm alone I'm always pissed at the world. I'm in a shitty mood. It's hard to sleep at night. I feel like people just want nothing to do with me. I'd get in a good mood for a half hour then all of a sudden I feel like complete crap again.

I lost my best friend. I have no girlfriend. I'm confused about this one chick. And a lot of other problems. Just these past two months have been Completly honeysuckle. The only thing good that happened to me was I got a car that I love. I'm healthy my family is fine. So why can't I just get out if this honeysuckle mood that's bringing me down. I'm sick of it. I'm tired if everyone asking me what's got me so down. I just feel like no one cares about me. No one ever calls or texts me to ask how I am or what I'm up to. I always start the conversation.

Sorry if any of this doesn't make sense. I'm just in a crappy mood

I understand you mate but what I feel is that the only person that can change outlives is ourselves. No one else is gona make it happen. You said you lost your best friend and have no girlfriend but only you can change this and i believe you can do it.

Latest posts

Back