I simply compare myself to others too much!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kindster

Reaction score
I am 18 and as far as i know i am 2x mores patient than i was year before who knows how but i think thats part of growing up. The problem is this is my 7th month since i joined gym and my results are SO SO SO small even though they are huge if we compare it to my body when i started by anyways i've seen so many beginners that lift 2x more than me and look better in their first month of gym? Not that am a jelly but i get a little discouraged when i see guys that never worked out bench twice as me and they were like dude were you really going to the gym?

That's normal. As an avid weightlifter I know exactly the frustration you are talking about. Don't compare yourself to others. Peaks and plateaus happen. Accept that. Look into studying when your body is in anabolic phases, etc, learn how to use muscle confusion and you may be surprised that with "less" work you can get "more" results by doing the right workouts, not the harder workouts.

As an oldie now, I sometimes miss the way my body was at 18.

Thin. lean, no beer gut, no upper body muscle definition though.
At that time I dreamt of having big biceps, big pecs. I finally got the big pecs and biceps but couldn't avoid the gut. And of course when I quit weights, everything went to jelly.
Having a nice body is a bonus but it's not everything. Work on your character. That's the most important.

kindster said:
I am 18 and as far as i know i am 2x mores patient than i was year before who knows how but i think thats part of growing up. The problem is this is my 7th month since i joined gym and my results are SO SO SO small even though they are huge if we compare it to my body when i started by anyways i've seen so many beginners that lift 2x more than me and look better in their first month of gym? Not that am a jelly but i get a little discouraged when i see guys that never worked out bench twice as me and they were like dude were you really going to the gym?

I wouldn't worry about this too much, some people may have very physical jobs, or be on steroids.

But mainly some people can naturally lift more than others can, if you're patient and consistent enough you'll get to the level you want to get at. Sometimes it's better to work out with someone who's stronger than you too, because you can feed off that and they push you more.

Latest posts

Back