I wrote some morning thoughts --

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The woman

Reaction score
IMG_20220711_113821.jpg

As a father of two kids, I totally see your point.

Most of us as parents would paint a colorful and happy future for our kids when they are young. We tell them about all the accomplishments in life that they will have when they grow up and all the things they will do, but rarely talk about the harsh reality of what expect them. We try to shield them from all the bad experiences. Thinking that if maybe they never heard about it, they will never have to live it as we did.

Fools we are as history usually repeats itself and most of our mistakes and errors they will make again and because of our efforts to protect them they go totally unprepared.

Usually is only after a bad experience that you sit with your kid and talk about the bad stuff that happens and how to deal with it. By then it may be already too late and some things may be already broken beyond repair. But that's life, that's how it is. And that is part of the learning.

Then you reach a point where your kid is no longer a kid. You can see on his eyes, that innocence is long gone and there is trouble in their souls. They have fought their own battles, won a few and lost a few. And you think, what could have I done better to prepare them?

Now, my advice to you is this. Try to find good things in your life to be thankful (count your blessings as they say). Think about it hard. Sometimes we miss things that we take for granted and forget that they are there and are a blessing.

Even a quiet minute in the morning is a blessing.
To be able to freely walk where you wan to to
To see the face of a loved one
To have another day to live
To have good meal

I don't know, I guess is different for everyone. The point is to hang on to those few good things and use them to get you out of the dark places that you get in to.

Some times when I'm feeling lost I read this poem.

Invictus

it always help me get my strength back and go back to fight another day.

I hope it helps you too.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back