i'am in a huge moral quandary

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawk9007

Reaction score
lets get strait to it. so there is this family i've know for a quite a while well to day the father kicked out one of his sons. and gave the other a little while longer because he is at the moment in collage. but my main problem is the daughter of this family, shes 14. her parents fight all the time, her dad just basically kicked out one of his sons. now i care about this little girl quite alot basically because my life was almost the same when i was her age and i know that prolonged exposure of the negativity in her house can screw her over, the problem though is that today i found out that one of her brothers raped her a couple years back, now because of my shitty past this is something i frown apon quite a bit, well to be honest my first reaction was to pound her brother into a pile of mud. but i didnt. i talked to her told her that she needs to call child protective services and put her into a safe home where she dosnt need to deal with it anymore but she's stubborn. when i spoke to her, i won the argument, but im not sure if she'll do the right thing for herself. i know she loves her dad, thats fine, i have alot of respect for him myself, but i myself dont know what to do. lately i've gotten back in touch with my religious life. now i have done some messed up things in my life, and i regret every one of them. im Catholic most of the time its like "eh who cares" but this combined with my bad luck over the past few months i finally cracked and i called a church and spoke to a pastor somethind i never done before ,because to be honest, i felt like i've failed, like i couldnt protect her, shes like a little sister to me and almost the same honeysuckle happened to me a long time ago so i know what it can turn a person into. i tried to convince her to just call child protective services to just get away from her past and get the life and love that she deserves but im not sure if my words worked. im lost i dont want her to have a screwd up life she dosnt deserve it, and i just dont know what to do any more. and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I think you should stay out of it now. You don't know exactly how things are. You don't live in the house. If it gets bad enough and obvious enough then you can make the call. If you do call CPS there is a good chance they will do nothing, in which case you just made things even harder for the girl. If they do take her away, there is no telling what can happen. You could do more damage than good.

Instead of a rough home life, she could be forced to live with a court appointed child abuser as a guardian and have no family to go back to.

The best you could do is try to get her to see a therapist or something. They are professionals. They know when to make the call.

Latest posts

Back