if you are familiar with art schools maybe you can be of some assistance :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melanie

Reaction score
Well, I got accepted to both SVA and SCAD for phtoography, and I don't know which one to attend. I don't feeel too keen on SVA right now, because it is so expensive and SCAD, luckily, is giving me some money in scholarships. The thing about SCAD, is that I have heard some negatives about the environment and the overall school. Or maybe I should ditch both of them and go to a university?
Any thoughts/suggestions?

My cousin went to an art school in Toronto she said some pretty good things about it, they regularly recruited folks into places like Marvel Comics and Disney...

Wish I could help more though...

ive also been accepted to SVA, but the cost will make it absolutely impossible for me to attend. Ive only looked at mainly illustration and graphic design schools, so I'm not really familiar with photography schools. I've also been hearing many negative things about SCAD, so in the end, I decided not to apply there.

although I have applied to MICA/pratt/CCA/SAIC/SVA, lately ive been starting to think that the art school route is just not the most economical or efficient way to go. seriously, i mean art center is 50K per year. I can literally just move NEXT to art center, or next to an atelier, and take full advantage of the art classes for 5k a year as a non student. the prices of these places are ridiculous. have you looked at liberal arts or state universities that have good art programs? oftentimes these schools are a hella lot cheaper then all the private art schools (since only mass art seems to be public...). again, i dont know photography programs, but i know that the overall art programs in U. cincinnati, temple U, UCLA, RIT, VCU are very strong. you could try looking into those

so overall, dont waste your money on SCAD. if your gonna go to an art school, dont settle for schools like SCAD, art institutes, CCC, etc. i mean hell, if your going to be shelling out a boatload of money anyways, you might as well go to calarts, art center, RISD, MICA or FIT.

oh yea, i wanted to also mention that you should also look at the "returns" of a certain degree your getting (im sure you know this already). 40k-50k is a lot for school right? well, if your studying medicine, then i dont see that much of a problem with it. on the other hand, if its photography...

Latest posts

Back