im 28 and i feel like i never really found who i am...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgecrusher

Reaction score
when i say that i mean what my beliefs are and what i like. i have always been a loner and i never have much contact with anyone other than the few people i know. i think that because of that it took me awhile to find out who i am in a way. i feel like i am behind in life and i dont have a way of catching up. i feel like i will alwyas be like this. like im lost in my head with no way out. my mind is like a prison. there are things it wont let go of and it prevents me from doing anything with myself. sometimes all i can think of are missed opportunities and it it brings me down so much that i just dont care about anything. so much that i dont want to get out of bed. how can i get my mind to shut up?

Dude !!! Am 35 and still feel like that.

Am show you a vid that I used to have in my profile here.

Watch it cos its good :D lol

[youtube]sTJ7AzBIJoI[/youtube]

And really, Not knowing what you wont to do really dose make you moor interesting person.

Things happen to ppl at different times to different ppl. Its all cool.

I can definitely relate to what you just wrote as I'm much the same. I struggle with trying to finding out what I should be doing to get anywhere. I feel like there are too many things holding me back and keeping me from making any real progress. It's frustrating and forces me to realise that maybe this is it, maybe this is all I get? I also think about lost opportunities from time to time and yeah, it can be very depressing. I try not to think about it too much though as I can't change the past no matter how much I would have liked to. Still, there's always time and the possibility of change is ever-present! That's what I try to believe in, in any case. :p

very very exact feelings,,,28 and yet to achieve sometyhing in life,,yet to know my passion and interest

edgecrusher said:
when i say that i mean what my beliefs are and what i like. i have always been a loner and i never have much contact with anyone other than the few people i know. i think that because of that it took me awhile to find out who i am in a way. i feel like i am behind in life and i dont have a way of catching up. i feel like i will alwyas be like this. like im lost in my head with no way out. my mind is like a prison. there are things it wont let go of and it prevents me from doing anything with myself. sometimes all i can think of are missed opportunities and it it brings me down so much that i just dont care about anything. so much that i dont want to get out of bed. how can i get my mind to shut up?

Could be that you just aren't really interested in anything? I mean it is possible isn't it?

Limlim said:
Could be that you just aren't really interested in anything? I mean it is possible isn't it?

i know what im interested in, its just not anything that i can make a career out of. all i do is play video games and watch movies tv shows and i am perfectly content with that. thats what i like and what i like to do at the same time, if that makes sense to anyone. i need to find a way to get paid to talk about movies and video games. yea... like that will ever happen.

You sound normal to me.
I'm 52 and haven't found my calling.

I quote a friend of mine, who I think hit the nail on the head:
"The purpose of my life, is to be happy"

Yea, I could relate to this, I pretty much have to force myself to act enthusiastic with everything, worst of all is that it almost feels like I'm ruining them one by one by doing that, because my mind wouldn't shut up, I've always thought people lived a successful life or were able to move forward because they were able to ignore that very self conscious part of their brain that people like me were not able to.

It is almost like having a very bad dream, everything is wrong but you just can't snap out of it or wake from it.

People often tell me to just snap out of it, be happy, just try, it feels like I have tried, but there just isn't anything deep in me that wants to, something is haunting me, as if something is draining my life away and binding me.

I realize this isn't the most supportive post or maybe not what you want to here or whatever but I feel the exact same way. Everything you just said describes me perfectly.. You're not alone at least.

edgecrusher said:
...my mind is like a prison...

edgecrusher said:
...all i do is play video games and watch movies tv shows...

Edge ~ 28 years old; maybe it's time to grow up? I know someone just like you. They're now 50 years old and still playing video games and watching movies and TV shows all day long, day after day and night after night (yes, they're unemployed). Please take my advice, because I like you and I see the writing on the wall, STOP THE INSANITY! Yes, it's OK to play video games, watch movies and TV shows but to the exclusion of everything else in life? Develop at least one new hobby and one new interest in your life. Spark some balance. Get up and get out. Consider that you may be enabling a laziness or an addiction. I don't know why you're sucked up in a "videodrome" type world but you said it yourself: "im 28 and i feel like i never really found who i am..." LG:)

Latest posts

Back