I'm Newbie here!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TiffanyAZN

Reaction score
Hello everyone, old and new mems!!!

Well, it just happened that I searched for a song and all I know is I ended up at this forum. I read a few threads and I could imagine how they felt or what they had been through cause I was in that situation, perhaps I am still. Anyways, here I am ^^

A little bit about myself. I am Tiffany and nice to meet you all.
I'm Vietnamese and I moved to America 5 years ago with my family. You know trying to fit in in a new country has always been a challenge for me, especially with English. I don't have many friends and sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. But I get used to the fact that I'm alone and I accept it and live with it. Hmm, I'm a college student, a few months before graduating. I'm a very shy person. I'm also pessimistic when it comes to friendship. I just have a feeling that no one wants to be my friend.

For some reason, I am scared of lizard as hell but I know many people love to play with it. Still, I don't have the guts to touch it, seriously.
Well, I enjoy watching scary movies and cartoons ^^. I like reading about human natures as well as learning about how to get along with people or trying to overcome my fear in society. I love cooking, especially when people enjoy my foods.
I hate darkness and the silence of it. I sometimes have a weird imagination of things whenever I watch scary movie. In order to help me sleep better at night, I always leave my radio on like 24/24 and it's been on for over 3 years now LOL. Hard to believe, huh?

That's it for now. By the way, please don't mind about my grammar or misspelled-words. I'm terrible at writing like this.

Hope to make some new friends here as well. ^^

Hi Tiffany! My sister-in-law is from Vietnam too, she moved here when she was 10. I know it's been a difficult adjustment for her as well. (Your English is terrific by the way!)

I can't believe your radio has been on for 3 years! Anyway welcome, it's nice to meet you! :)

Hi Tiffany, welcome to the forum.

5 years ago I came from Malaysia to England in order to study - and I was really overwhelmed by the culture shock. It's taken me a long time to get used to it - although because my mom is English I speak it very well, so that helped an awful lot. Even after five years I don't belong, but my family still lives in Malaysia so I get the chance to go back once a year.

Your radio has been on for over 3 years now?! Wow! That's so quirky >.<

I hope you find new friends here, and I will try my best not to taunt you with pictures of lizards.

@fox: Thanks :D everyone here is so friendly. I think I'm gonna make hell lots of friends here ^^

@Callie: Ty for your warm welcome !!!

@Ashariel: I guess your sister-in-law doesn't speak Vietnamese often cause she came here when she was little and she might not good at speaking it now :D Well, my English has accent and it's kinda hard sometimes for other to understand. About my radio, can't help it because I'm scared of ghost LOL. Nice to meet you, btw.

@ajdass1: hey guess what you're my first Malaysian friend yayyy ^^. And we both are second language learner. I guess your're better than me since you have your Mom helping you. I have many cousins here but we don't get along well. Whenever we do family gathering, they are all sitting together and talking in English which I don't understand at all when I first came here. Of course they can speak Viet but they just don't want to. Feel like I'm invisible you know >.<. Anyways, I'm okay with it. I think you're lucky to go back to Malaysia once a year. I just can't afford to go back my country that often cause the ticket is sooo expensive :D

Welcome Tiffany :)

What do you study exactly? I can't believe you've kept your radio on for that long, I don't think I'd be able to sleep with the kind of music they play on the Belgian stations these days :D

Hi Tiffany, welcome to the forums. I am sure you will make lots of friends here, the people here are really great. :)

Latest posts

Back