I'm Really Bad At Forum

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wanted to post something profound and life changing and after about four tries I came here. I am horrible at forums and even though I desperately want to chat with people I am so bad at posting on these kinds of sites. I want to interact I really do! I'm just better in a one on one chat or chat room setting. So I'm getting really frustrated. I'm sorry. I just don't want to be lonely anymore.

There is a chat, it's at the top right corner under the menus. It takes time to get the flow of things, just don't give up.

I do use the chatroom but I'd like to be more active on here as well and meet people I otherwise wouldn't in the chatroom

Your posts seem fine to me, better than mine were when I first started here. I saw that you posted in the games section too. That might help you get used to the forum.

Play some of the games in the games thread. Many don't take much time and can be fun.

I wouldn't worry about trying to be profound and life changing, that is pretty rare. As a couple people have mentioned, the game section may be worth a try or as you are doing here, just talk to people.

Not that i really claim to know. I am just on the forum to post pictures of frogs.
animal0040.gif

Don't worry about making an impression, you don't always have to make an introduction. The games that Sci suggested is a good idea.

it can take a while to get into your groove. all it takes is practice.
I've been on forums for a dozen years now, but I wasn't always the perfected posting machine that you see here today :cool:
if you look back through my short history on this forum you may notice that I don't create a lot of topics.
I am a responder. (or as some would prefer to call it, a troll)
the trick is to just sit back and surf, and when you read something that you feel like commenting on. do it!
just type like you would speak to a friend. but with less cursing ;p
ok.... type like you're speaking to your mom. =)

KIller_Cuteness said:
I wanted to post something profound and life changing and after about four tries I came here. I am horrible at forums and even though I desperately want to chat with people I am so bad at posting on these kinds of sites. I want to interact I really do! I'm just better in a one on one chat or chat room setting. So I'm getting really frustrated. I'm sorry. I just don't want to be lonely anymore.

Send out a few private messages to people.
You may get some replies.

I don't really think the replies last very long actually. So I wouldn't count on that either. This is a nice place but it's certainly not the fix all for most of our loneliness problems. Basically like any other forum it's a nice place to chat randomly with people and play a few goofy but fun games.

ForGrantedWife said:
I don't really think the replies last very long actually. So I wouldn't count on that either. This is a nice place but it's certainly not the fix all for most of our loneliness problems. Basically like any other forum it's a nice place to chat randomly with people and play a few goofy but fun games.

Sending a message worked for me. It's actually a really nice feeling, when your at work and having a bad day, knowing someone has taken the time to write you a letter. Just something to look forward to every day !

Locke said:
Your posts seem fine to me, better than mine were when I first started here. I saw that you posted in the games section too. That might help you get used to the forum.

What he said

Triple Bogey said:
ForGrantedWife said:

Sending a message worked for me. It's actually a really nice feeling, when your at work and having a bad day, knowing someone has taken the time to write you a letter. Just something to look forward to every day !

Then you've had a stroke of good luck,
I wish it would work for me as well :)

worked for me too.
when I came here there were a couple of people that stood out to me, one more than the rest.
so I sent out pm's and initiated exchanges.
yes, most faded away, and some only after a couple pm's, but that one that stood out to me above the rest is now my friend and we chat daily.
I would definitely recommend reaching out to a few, maybe one or two will stick!

ForGrantedWife said:

I think that depends on how much you have in common with that person, I wouldn't take it personal if someone fades back into the forum.

I'm curious what the ratio is for how many people actually found a real online friend here versus those that didn't and just have a few random chats or pm's that don't last long. I wonder how many people say nothing and just give up or leave this place without saying anything. That's pretty much the only reason I came here, was to have someone to chat with on a more regular basis. I have one good online friend I met 10 years ago and we're still buddies but we have zero things in common. He's younger than me, into very different things and it's difficult to find a common ground sometimes. But still a very good email buddy. But I was hoping for a buddy here too. I hope I find one in time, although I'm kinda at the give up point on trying pm's. I think it's nice to have someone to email back and forth with once in awhile. I like the back and forth pep talks and sharing personal stories you can have with an email pal :) Sometimes another person's point of view is really helpful.

You know I just realized I hijacked the original poster's thread a bit. Sorry about that hon!

ForGrantedWife said:
I'm curious what the ratio is for how many people actually found a real online friend here versus those that didn't and just have a few random chats or pm's that don't last long. I wonder how many people say nothing and just give up or leave this place without saying anything. That's pretty much the only reason I came here, was to have someone to chat with on a more regular basis. I have one good online friend I met 10 years ago and we're still buddies but we have zero things in common. He's younger than me, into very different things and it's difficult to find a common ground sometimes. But still a very good email buddy. But I was hoping for a buddy here too. I hope I find one in time, although I'm kinda at the give up point on trying pm's. I think it's nice to have someone to email back and forth with once in awhile. I like the back and forth pep talks and sharing personal stories you can have with an email pal :) Sometimes another person's point of view is really helpful.

You know I just realized I hijacked the original poster's thread a bit. Sorry about that hon!

Why don't you create a poll?

Latest posts

Back