inappropriate adverts?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epic fale boy

Reaction score
Sorry,

I realise that keeping a site like this must take time and effort and resources, but adverts for things like premium rate psychic reading hotlines or mature ladies 'dating' sites? I gotta question how appropriate they are when there're users here with vulnerability issues.

I don't like moaning because I do like the site and I'm probably not on enough to have a right to complain... but srsly. Just logged in after a few months offline, and I was a little taken aback by it. And a little aghast.

Sorry again for the moan.

Hmm, right now I see an ad for a college. I doubt anyone is actually going to click on the cougars looking for action ads.

The ads are totally random, there really isn't any control over what gets displayed. Sometimes they have to do with your area and content of the thread. Right now I see an ad for improving your brain, last week there was an ad for Global Television for some show they air. Not everyone would see that, I did because of where I live.

Pezza said:
Hoffy said:
Hmm, right now I see an ad for a college. I doubt anyone is actually going to click on the cougars looking for action ads.

Think again ;)

Pezza, this doesn't surprise me one bit XD

You'll get this on a lot of sites, especially ones that are free. I have one (free) that puts the ads in like a banner at the top of the screen or down at the bottom. Sites that people own will put them in because it helps to pay for the site, though very little. One site I was on used to do this, they even asked people to click on the ad links or sponsor links once in awhile.

Latest posts

Back