Interest

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrchz

Reaction score
I found this draft saved from when I last visited these forums (March last year). What do you think?

--

Are you passionate about something? When you're lost in thought, what are the thoughts of? What amazes you, makes you feel excited, takes your attention away?

I don't know how many people feel like that about something. I think there should be lots. But it can be a personal and private affair, so maybe they don't talk about it.

Some things excite me in a way that makes me want to tell someone, anyone, everyone. That feeling doesn't always last long. Usually it starts just after I read about, think of, or in some other way discover something. After a time, the thing settles into my worldview, becoming something known rather than freshly found. So then I'd rather talk about it with someone who's already thought about it.

The "exciting things" I've had in mind are ideas, concepts, explanations. But what I want to talk about here is the interest one can take in another person. A mysterious, engaging person.

I'm passionate about Chess and Video Games, when I'm deep in thought it's usually about the universe and just what the Hell we
are here for. I get excited over NBA Basketball, and fantasize about being in a jacuzzi with Shania Twain.

Is this what you mean?

Yes, I think so. But I think I had intended to continue the post and write more about interest in people for each other.

Who do you play chess with?

xrchz said:
Yes, I think so. But I think I had intended to continue the post and write more about interest in people for each other.

Who do you play chess with?
Well, isn't my face red. lol
I play chess with people from the city chess club that I attend. The club has been around 5 years longer than God.

Latest posts

Back