INTRODUCTION TO ME

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HARE

Reaction score
ALOHA. I'M NEW (WELL REALLY I'M OLD, JUST NEW TO THIS SITE.) I CAN JUST BARELY COPE WITH MY MAC FIRST COMPUTER OF MY OWN, I USED ONE AT WORK BEFORE I RETIRED. I'VE HAD BAD ARTHRITIS FOR DECADES AND HAVE HAD LOTS OF FALLS AS A RESULT. THE LAST ONE BROKE MY HIP AND LANDED ME IN A WHEELCHAIR. I'M HAVING TROUBLE COPING WITH THIS MOST RECENT ESCALATION OF MY ROCKY HEALTH. MY MOTHER LEFT ME A MODEST TRUST FUND AND THIS HAS SCREWED UP MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY SIBLINGS AND ESP. MY BROTHER, HIS WIFE AND DAUGHTER. MY NEICE IS BOTH TRUSTEE OF MY TRUST FUND AND A RESIDUAL BENEFICIARY. SHE'S STINGY WITH ME, AND SPENDING A LOT ON HERSELF - TRIPS FOR HER & HER 2 KIDS, $500 TO A SPA, ETC. I THINK ENOUGH PEOPLE, MEDICAL AND FINANCIAL, ARE AWARE AND DUTY BOUND TO REPORT THIS TO THE STATE ELDER FINANCIAL ABUSE DEPT THAT SOON THINGS WILL GET WAY WORSE BETWEEN MY BROTHER'S LITTLE FAMILY AND ME. THIS IS ESPECIALLY SAD SINCE BY BROTHER, CARL, AND I USED TO BE SUPER CLOSE, HIS WIFE & I WERE CLOSER THAN MY BLOOD SISTER & I AND MY NEICE...WELL IT'S ALL WRECKED NOW AND, AS I SAY, SOON TO GET WORSE. MY BEST FRIENDS HAVE ALL MOVED TO THE MAINLAND IN RECENT YEARS AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO COMPLETELY ALONE. I'VE ALWAYS BEEN RECLUSIVE BUT STILL I HAD FRIENDS AND FAMILY. NOW MY FAMILY JUST WANTS ME DEAD AND GONE SO THEY CAN HAVE THE REST OF THE MONEY (IT'S MINE FOR MY LIFETIME. THE ESTATE ATTY SAYS HE HOPES I SPEND THE LAST DIME WITH MY LAST BREATH!) AND MY FRIENDS GET UPSET WHEN WE TALK ON THE PHONE BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO FAR WAY TO HELP MUCH. I FIND MYSELF RELUCTANT TO CALL THEM SINCE I ONLY UPSET THEM.. OH WELL, THERE'S ALWAYS MY 19 YEAR OLD CAT, BUT AT HER GREAT ADVANCED AGE I'LL HEVE THAT LAST LOSS TO COPE WITH ONE DAY. SO, AS THEY USED TO SAY, I'M BLUE. SO, WHAT AN INTRO, AS MY EMAIL SO ACURATELY PUTS IT I'M JUST AN OLD HIPPY IN A WHEELCHAIR AND BLUE TOO.

Hey, welcome, and maybe lose the caps lock lol.

Welcome the the forum Hare

Does your niece being trustee of your trust fund give her the right to be spending your trust fund on herself and her kids?

Welcome Hare. It's sad when you lose the support of your family. They should be there for you. I hope you spend time here and make some friends.

Welcome ma'am.. Something like that tore my grandfather from my great grandmother. Family will that caused major argument. Before my grandfathers death from Cancer, him and my great grandmother (who would be his mother) Finally made peace before he went.. I hope it turns out better than that for you!

Hi Hare. Welcome to the forums. That was a great introduction and I am sorry that your family and other relatives act that way toward you. It makes me so sad to see people go through that when the ones around them just want something since they are 'family', and they know its easier to get. You will be in my thoughts.

Take care.

That's a sad story Hare. I hope that you can find a way out of the situation somehow. I don't know what corrupts people worse than greed.

Hi and welcome Hare!
I hope you find a ray of light here!
As for the family I would be calling social services! They have anonymous toll free numbers. CALL!

Hello Hare, I just emailed you, hope we can become friends. (I think she used caps due to an eye sight problem, steel) After reading your introduction I felt just awful for you and as one already pointed out, that person has no business spending your trust. Cant you get a lawyer and take responsibility for yourself? Request to live at a Assisted Facility? Pick up a phone and call Golden Age and also find them on line for your area. You can get a reprsentive through them along with all sorts of good stuff. An old hippie, huh? I bet you were/are a Mother Earth fan too, huh? I know I am, lol!!! Write me anytime, Hare, spiritView attachment 3

Attachments

• hugs.jpg
    hugs.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 120

Latest posts

Back