Introductions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In a lonely place

Reaction score
I'm a shy bloke of 48 yrs. Fairly well educated, no Robert Redford (showing my age) but not been hit with the ugly stick either. I try not to judge people on appearance but probably do and I am finally after all this time just gaining a little confidence in myself.
I think my confidence was destroyed by an overbearing parent and elder sibling. I just wanted to say how long it can take to rebuild someone's confidence after it is ruined in childhood. I may find someone to love and cherish (I haven't up to this point) or I may not. This finding a partner is all I have ever wanted. Can anyone give me some hope that this may happen to me in the future? It seems much more difficult than I imagine it would be if I were 30 years younger.

Heya, and welcome to the forum.
I'm sure you can find some people to relate to here, especially on the front of overbearing parents and elder siblings - a lot here may very well have dealt with situations like those.
Also, 48 isn't the end of your life just yet ;) There's hope for anyone, at any given age I like to think :)

Latest posts

Back