It should be the time of my life...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

troubled

Hello all

This is a really nice forum, i'll probably spend some time reading the posts and no doubt relate with a lot of it.

I guess i'm posting here because it's another evening alone and I just feel so alone. I'm 21 years old, I guess at this age a person should be having the time of their life, but so far for me it is just a continuation of the past numerous years of my life. Lonely, depressing, confusing.. i'm just lost in this life and in myself.

I don't really know how I find myself so utterly alone, almost reclusive. Maybe it was meant to be like this, maybe it was in my astrology? hah. I am a pretty normal guy, there's nothing wrong with how I look, how I treat others, i'm good at sports, music, i'm inteligent enough to have gone to university. I am a shy person though, maybe that is the crux. There must be something about me that distances me from others, maybe I have ADD or some other underlying cause, I don't know.

Anyway, more than anything I wish I had a true friend in my life who I could see, male or female I don't care, as long as they were a true friend. Any acquaintances i've had have slowly drifted away. They are probably not right for me. I have a handful of 'close' internet friends, but it drains me living my life through these pixles on my screen.

I'm not holding out on the hope there is anyone here from my area of the world, but i'm sure you're all nice and I look forward to speaking with you. I guess more than anything I need to understand how I can cope with my lonliness.

I feel the same way too.
How come you feel this way? Shy? In fact half of the people out there are shy too, including myself (though when I talk I open up).
So what kinds of music do you like?

Haha, having the "time of your life" is overrated. Though I understand the not making connections with others part. I have a fairly large network of acquaintances, but I have to say I don't think I have any real close friends. Guess they just don't want to get close to me. Well, don't think of it as you doing something wrong, I know what you mean. I'm sure you're decent looking, intelligent, talented, and you'll meet someone who understands and appreciates you. Good things happen to those who wait? :]

what you have just explained is the same thing im going through...couldnt even make it to class today I just couldnt do it..im lost, confused....the funny thing is that i shouldnt be...but i am..

Latest posts

Back