It's not about how many friends you have, its the good friends you do have

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tradtke

Reaction score
A measure of a person is not how many friends they have or what type of social life they have. Me personally. I'm not a very social person. I don't go out on the weekends and I'm not one for crowds, hence, I don't have a lot of friends.
The friends I do have though i would trust my life with. I would trade 100 friends who don't care for just 1 friend who I know will be there when I need it.
It does not matter how many friends you have, just the friends you do have are the TRUE friends.
www.selfworthy.wordpress.com/

Well, if it makes you feel better I have conversations with my dog.

i would suggest to get involved in some activities. Sign up for classes or join a club. If you like cycling there are bike clubs all over the place. Actually there are clubs or groups for just about any type of hobbie. Go on Yahoogroups and see if you can find some groups on a hobbie you would like to try.

tradtke said:

i would suggest to get involved in some activities. Sign up for classes or join a club. If you like cycling there are bike clubs all over the place. Actually there are clubs or groups for just about any type of hobbie. Go on Yahoogroups and see if you can find some groups on a hobbie you would like to try.

People can sign up for all the classes and clubs they like, it doesn't mean they will make any friends. Not trying to sound too cynical, but it's true. It's way more complicated than that; The reasons that people have no friends are as diverse as the people themselves.

Any kind of friendship is so hard to come by for some people, never mind "true" friends.

DaveIsLonely said:
tradtke said:

People can sign up for all the classes and clubs they like, it doesn't mean they will make any friends. Not trying to sound too cynical, but it's true. It's way more complicated than that; The reasons that people have no friends are as diverse as the people themselves.

Any kind of friendship is so hard to come by for some people, never mind "true" friends.

I have joined clubs and classes throughout my life. I always found there was at least one person who didn't like me and made things difficult. I joined the golf club as a junior when I was 13. All the people did was laugh at me. I played for a football team for 5 years. The abuse I took was incredible. I eventually quit because I was sick of it. I then re joined the golf club when I was 27. I go in the club itself as little as possible. I have won many trophies yet alot of people don't know who I am. I didn't go to the presentation night for about 5 years and then I decided to go. This guy started taking the piss out of me. After several comments I walked out, not been back since.

Workplaces are the same especially offices.

I am just an individual, solitary person. I'm not unfriendly but I have to be forced to mix with people.

So I agree with you. Friends are hard to find.

tradtke said:
A measure of a person is not how many friends they have or what type of social life they have. Me personally. I'm not a very social person. I don't go out on the weekends and I'm not one for crowds, hence, I don't have a lot of friends.
The friends I do have though i would trust my life with. I would trade 100 friends who don't care for just 1 friend who I know will be there when I need it.
It does not matter how many friends you have, just the friends you do have are the TRUE friends.

I much prefer a best friend with some close friends over a lot of "acquaintance" type friends.

Also try MeetUp.com. That's how I meet people. It's hit and miss. Of 20 women, I'll meet 2 or 3 I really like, but only socialize with one on a regular basis. I'll see the others every few months.

I also started my own group on MeetUp.com. This way if I don't like someone (mean, rude, annoying), I can kick them out of my group. I don't like mean, rude or annoying people.

Latest posts

Back