Lack of respect between the sexes

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
raincloud said:
If you are offering "favors" to get romantic/sexual attention in return, then you are a horrible person. Full stop. If you whine about it on the internet or unironically discuss the "friend zone" then you are a horrible person.

My reading comprehension skills are top-notch and I DID read the part about the "despite knowing that it's a display of romantic intention." How would that happen exactly? What is this hypothetical situation you envision where the woman KNOWS what the guy is thinking? Is he upfront? I'm imagining that a fellow just approaches a lady and says "I would like to take you out to dinner so that I can have sex with you later" and then she just takes the dinner and leaves. Frankly he deserves it. Are they going on a date and she decides she's not interested, and then she's "disrespectful" if he paid for dinner? People aren't vending machines where sex and love pour out after you put "favors" in. I read everything fine, it was perfectly clear. Where have I heard this line of reasoning before? Oh right, high school dudebros and adult misogynists.

The only thing I misinterpreted was the accusation that I'm a troll. Which I'm not.

It's a sad world that you live in and I feel sorry for you! But I admire your apparent mind-reading capabilities.

Also, Sci-Fi, I'm not defending your friends in this instance, but given what I've seen with all the "nice guys" on this message board (and Nice Guy defenders like the OP), a lot of ladies are wary of friendly behavior because apparently it means that angry dudes will whine about us on the internet for not having sex with them. Or, murder us. Whatever.

Tealeaf wasn't talking about entitlement to sex in return for favours or "niceness" (way to reframe the debate as a way for you to vent), rather stringing guys along knowing they have romantic interest and basically just using them in the process.

But according to you and fellow bitter haters, men aren't capable of feelings or romantic attachment, we just "want sex" and we're all essentially the same in this.

raincloud said:
Um, we're using different definitions of the term "friend zone". I'm using the actual, common definition and you're confused.

What you are talking about is unrequited attraction. I'm pretty sure that everyone has experienced that. If you look up "friend zone" in oh ANY context on the internet, it generally involves a man who is attracted to a woman who only wants to be friends, but he uses the term "friend zone" to vilify her. That's the term "She put me in the friend zone!"

I was going to come up with some recommended reading for you, but there was so much out there that I'm just gonna Google it for you.. I know that you're so "educated" but maybe you might learn something.

In the multi-media I have seen, friend-zoned was feelings, not sex. Hell, there was a movie about it. And yes, some men do use the term friend-zone for sex, but I have known several others use it in my case as well. The whole I have feelings for her, but she wants to be friends, sounds like "friend zoned". And why be sexist about it? Women can use the term "friend-zoned".

And you shouldn't insult people's intelligence. It's rude.

PieBeNice said:
raincloud said:
I'm using the actual, common definition and you're confused.

No such thing as the actual definition of a word in the English language.

ALSDFijausdo;ifhse;filujshfaeioscfhny o;il khcfjavlskflhSLIfduhS

That means "Oh, right, because words don't have meanings!"

ardour said:
Tealeaf wasn't talking about entitlement to sex in return for favours or "niceness" (way to reframe the debate as a way for you to vent), rather stringing guys along knowing they have romantic interest and basically just using them in the process.

But accordingly to you and fellow bitter man haters, men aren't capable of feelings or romantic attachment, we just "want sex", and we're all essentially the same in this.

Thank you! I have seen this to so many of my guy friends that have bought girls flowers, and that jazz just to get no relationship. There are guys out there that want a partner in life, not just sex.

I will recuse myself from this nonsense because there's not much one can do to combat willful ignorance. I wasn't mocking your intelligence, I know nothing of your intelligence, but ignorance -- YES I will mock that if you're going to be so stubborn about holding onto a narrow worldview.

Edit: I did mention that if you used that term around intelligent people they would laugh, I should have just left it at "educated". But whatever. POINT STILL STANDS.

raincloud said:
PieBeNice said:
raincloud said:
I'm using the actual, common definition and you're confused.

No such thing as the actual definition of a word in the English language.

ALSDFijausdo;ifhse;filujshfaeioscfhny o;il khcfjavlskflhSLIfduhS

That means "Oh, right, because words don't have meanings!"

Not in the sense you mean. The English language has no formal governing body that dictates what a words actual meaning is, like French does for example. I didn't say that words carry no meaning but from reading your posts I understand you struggle severely with basic reading comprehension. I shall provide you a link to help you in your quest to overcome this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/english/

Nicolelt said:
There are guys out there that want a partner in life, not just sex.

Yep, I want a partner in life, but I want sex too. Sometimes, I boil down the need to connect to something simpler, something actually attainable, which is just sex. That doesn't make me evil.

raincloud said:
I will recuse myself from this nonsense because there's not much one can do to combat willful ignorance. I wasn't mocking your intelligence, I know nothing of your intelligence, but ignorance -- YES I will mock that if you're going to be so stubborn about holding onto a narrow worldview.

Edit: I did mention that if you used that term around intelligent people they would laugh, I should have just left it at "educated". But whatever. POINT STILL STANDS.

I think you need to reread my post....

Because I did admit that there are men that use it in terms of sex. But not in all cases. How is that narrow minded? I agreed with you...

jjessea said:
Nicolelt said:
There are guys out there that want a partner in life, not just sex.

Yep, I want a partner in life, but I want sex too.

Both is good. :D

Man, I love it when people wring their hands about word usage.

It gets me a nice, warm, vibraty feeling all through my guttiwuts. ;)

Try to not let the poo-slinging get in the way of a decent thread, yeah? Calm it down some.

Case said:
Man, I love it when people wring their hands about word usage.

It gets me a nice, warm, vibraty feeling all through my guttiwuts. ;)

I don't care about over people using words its when people tell me i'm using them wrong. If i want to say less instead of few and someone says I'm wrong for this they can die in a fire. No such thing as correct definitions raincloud was just being a derp, the only kind of trolling that displeases pie.

PieBeNice said:
they can die in a fire.

A pit of spikes and fire?

She who must not be addressed said:
Edit: I did mention that if you used that term around intelligent people they would laugh, I should have just left it at "educated".

That's equally shitty.

Implying that people aren't educated because they don't agree with (or rather, they are open-minded enough to realise it's not so black and white) your interpretation of a pop-culture buzzword is really disrespectful.

Pit of spikes and fire for you.

****, this thread is so confusing...

Tealeaf said:
Does this seem to be lacking to anyone else? Between the women who accept favors from men they're not interested in despite knowing that it's a display of romantic intention and the men who talk about how vaginas, despite the same thing never happening to your belly button, mouth, nostrils, ears, or anus, become "used up" and "loose" simply through use...

Ask any of these people if they'd be okay with someone treating their mother, father, brother, sister, niece, or nephew this way and they'll say no. When it comes to dating, though, the human aspect can happily be removed and all that's left is the object ready to have value extracted from it.

I dunno, I guess? There's always some sort of double standard with people. It's annoying, it's not right, it's unfair but it's the way people tend to be, I realise. It's hard to say though. Also with family, people would tend to get more naturally protective because of the relation, I suppose.

ladyforsaken said:
****, this thread is so confusing...

Tealeaf said:
Does this seem to be lacking to anyone else? Between the women who accept favors from men they're not interested in despite knowing that it's a display of romantic intention and the men who talk about how vaginas, despite the same thing never happening to your belly button, mouth, nostrils, ears, or anus, become "used up" and "loose" simply through use...

Ask any of these people if they'd be okay with someone treating their mother, father, brother, sister, niece, or nephew this way and they'll say no. When it comes to dating, though, the human aspect can happily be removed and all that's left is the object ready to have value extracted from it.

I dunno, I guess? There's always some sort of double standard with people. It's annoying, it's not right, it's unfair but it's the way people tend to be, I realise. It's hard to say though. Also with family, people would tend to get more naturally protective because of the relation, I suppose.

Please don't do the right and sensible thing and put the thread back on topic. I'm enjoying watching this.

Lol Pie. You really remind me so much of Poguesy.

Omg. Are you his twin?!?! Both your usernames start with P. :O

PieBeNice said:
What is a Poguesy. I'm not familiar with the newer people.

Okay phew. Not his twin then, or you'd know. :p
Not a new member - banned member from.. back then.

And now I feel bad for being off topic. Sorry OP.

According to his profile he's a new member. Have I really been on here long enough so that new people call new people old people?

PieBeNice said:
According to his profile he's a new member. Have I really been on here long enough so that new people call new people old people?

Lol which profile are you looking at.. is it even the right one.. anyway it doesn't matter, he's been banned.

Also, I think I know why this thread is so confusing. Cos you're in it. Just look at your statement above. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back