Let's plays

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frostburn

Reaction score
So I started doing Let's play vidoes some time ago because I had self-esteem issues related to my own voice. For those who don't know, "let's play" is a type of video where a player shows videogame footage and gives his/her commentary on it. Usually as the game is played. Personally I've found doing these quite helpful as now I can tolerate my own voice instead of outright hating it. A fun little hobby too.

I'm currently doing series on Among the Sleep and this is the 4th part of it. It is like 1,5h into the game and the earlier parts are avaible in the channel. They are however lot lower quality so I'm not too keen on showing them, heh. But in this you can enjoy as a grown man whimpers like a little girl.

If you like horror games I can recommend this. It is a very neat indy title.

[video=youtube]

I watch a LOT of let's plays (probably too many to be honest :p) and I enjoyed your commentary and it's good to hear making the videos is helping you out. The audio was a little quiet at my end and I had to crank it up but aside from that great job :).

The gameplay in Among the Sleep reminds me quite a bit of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, have you played that?

Alright, thank you. I will up the audio next time. :)

Yeah, I've played Amnesia before. That felt lot scarier than this, but I find this game to be the right amount of scary. Amnesia was kinda paralyzing for me personally. Great game still and among my favorites of the survival horro genre. Sadly the sequel was kinda bland in comparison.

Oh my god, I LOVE let's plays! I'll be sure to check them out! And Among the sleep? Good choice. Heard it was a nice one. Wishing you best of luck! :D

wow such a great idea! and your voice sounds great. I think everyone might have problem hearing themselves as it doesn't quite sounds the same as what we hear when we speak. Make sense? English is not my native language so I apologize if it doesn't quite make sense.

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
Oh my god, I LOVE let's plays! I'll be sure to check them out! And Among the sleep? Good choice. Heard it was a nice one. Wishing you best of luck! :D

Yes, it is an excellent game. And thanks. :D

SeaBee said:
wow such a great idea! and your voice sounds great. I think everyone might have problem hearing themselves as it doesn't quite sounds the same as what we hear when we speak. Make sense? English is not my native language so I apologize if it doesn't quite make sense.

It's ok, english isn't my first language either. I understand what you mean. And thank you, it means alot to hear that. :)

Frostburn said:
Alright, thank you. I will up the audio next time. :)

Yeah, I've played Amnesia before. That felt lot scarier than this, but I find this game to be the right amount of scary. Amnesia was kinda paralyzing for me personally. Great game still and among my favorites of the survival horro genre. Sadly the sequel was kinda bland in comparison.

True.. I haven't played it all.. there was just unsettling feeling I got and I just wanted to stop and stay where I was. The sequel was hired out to a different company to make I think, hopefully Frictional's next game is a good one.

Keep up the good work :)

So I started new series and wanted to link it here for people who want to watch. I will be playing Outlast this time, another survival horror.

[video=youtube]

Now with webcam so people can see my beautiful face while I whimper.

^That's cool, Frostburn.

I think I'd pee my pants if I ever played Amnesia. But I have thought of checking out Among the Sleep.

ladyforsaken said:
^That's cool, Frostburn.

I think I'd pee my pants if I ever played Amnesia. But I have thought of checking out Among the Sleep.

Thanks LadyF!

And yeah, if Amnesia is too much for you then Among the Sleep is quite bit lighter than it. Still plenty scary though, but it is also much more imaginative with its artstyle etc.

Frostburn said:
ladyforsaken said:
^That's cool, Frostburn.

Thanks LadyF!

And yeah, if Amnesia is too much for you then Among the Sleep is quite bit lighter than it. Still plenty scary though, but it is also much more imaginative with its artstyle etc.

All right, I'll check it out some time. :D

Keep doing what you're doing. Take care!

Latest posts

Back