Loneliness is the natural state of being

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despicable Me said:
@oh-kay,
I'm not sure you actually know what generalize means... You say you don't do it, but then immediately explain why you do it. That is confusing and nonsensical to me.
I'll point out that a generalization is not necessarily negative. It is appropriate to reduce exceptions and generalize concepts and even populations so that you can achieve an understanding of the larger scope of things, in this circumstance understanding the larger scope of certain problems.
However, I do think you're vastly over generalizing, and in fact using these over generalizations in ways that aren't appropriate to form illogical conclusions. Perhaps it's due to the fact you misunderstand what a generalization is, so you don't understand how to generalize properly. That would be my guess, to be honest. My biggest problem is you make these leaps in your conclusions that I feel are baseless and unwarranted. That you seem to think that if one problem exists in general then it applies to everyone or every group or 'something' underneath that general category, as well as going the other way and also applying to the larger category. It just doesn't make any sense to me how you rationalize this.
For example, your statement that people use their money to purchase status symbols, which is true and I would agree it's a proper generalization of those who hold relative wealth, but then you seem to make this ridiculous assumption that an entire generation is doing this for that reason. It just seems too far-fetched. Perhaps it's true in some cases, but do you really think it's true for most? I would disagree, I think it's a baseless assumption. I think pretty much all of the conclusions you've made in this topic are baseless assumptions, to be honest.

I see no point in continuing this conversation either. You are obviously feeling resentment towards me because I disagree with you. That's fine, you're welcome to hate me if you want. It's not going to bother me at all. I just want you to know that just because I think you're wrong does not mean I think you're a bad person.

One final note:
oh-kay? said:
I don't accept apologies from passive aggressive people they are inherently dishonest.
I was not apologizing at all, in fact. I meant every word that I said. What I was doing was trying to explain why I was disagreeing with you so that you'd realize I'm not doing this to be bitter or resentful of your opinion. I do think your statements are misguided, and there is no way I'm going to apologize for that, but like I said above, do not think I believe this makes you a bad person. You have your reasons for believing what you do, I know that. What you should understand is that I also have reasons for believing what I do and for disagreeing with you.
So I was hoping such an explanation would cut out the bitterness so we could discuss the subject on an intellectual level, rather than an emotional one. It didn't work, so that's why I feel I can't continue this.

I'm sorry if I offended you. But do not mistake that again. This is an apology if you took what I am saying the wrong way because I don't want to offend anyone here. It is NOT an apology for my statements or an admission of guilt in any way, shape, or form. I still mean what I say and I'm not going to lie about anything. Lying is for people who people who don't stand by what they say. Do not mistake me for a liar, please. I rather resent that.
Dude stop it. Ok. Stop it.

This is not my first rodeo here and I am not stupid. I've been apart of the debate scene for a very long time. I've held several names on several sites. I've created these web sites from scratch. i've admined a few and modded several others, so your mannerisms are not new to me.

You did not offend me nor did you upset me. You showed me what you are capable of and that's enough for me. i left the discussion on my last post and l will leave you this post. I have no desire for drama and even less for playing the target of other peoples issues. Have a good day!

TheRealCallie said:
Popcorn seems appropriate here, where the hell is Ak5 when you need him?

Nothing to see here. What I'm trying to do is cut the drama to a minimum.

Getting back to the topic at hand, Loneliness has never been a natural state for mankind. human beings are a social creature and has been from the dawn of time. even when we were chasing animals with the same stick we were digging up roots with we've tribal.
It's the nature of all people to be needed and that's what i think is missing in the lives of so many who come here. The natural desire to be needed has not been satisfied.

People talk about being rejected, but, in my opinion it's the inability to have another person to give your love to that's making us feel less than useful.

Don't get me wrong. Love is not necessarily a sexual thing. It's a human thing that has bound brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles, as well as friends and acquaintances together. People give it when they give a stranger an act of kindness.

The women that I know are more comfortable with showing affection than the men and I do mean comfortable. I, myself aren't afraid to hug anyone and women, from what i've seen hug much more comfortable with closeness than men. I would use the example of women hugging, when men shake hands.

I've also seen that most men have a stronger dependency on women, especially in later years to

I don't want to carry on the 'drama' either, but I do want to point out that I really don't like being blamed for things I'm not doing.
I'd appreciate it if you learned how to respect others, even when they disagree with you, oh-kay. I've got pretty thick skin so I'm not bothered by the things you say but if you do this to everyone then you're bound to hurt someone eventually. If, as you say, you've even been an admin/mod on other forums then I can only assume you've actually probably hurt many already.

Anyway, yes it is better that the topic get back on course.
Sorry to everyone for being a part of that. I just hate it when someone feels they can condemn others for baseless reasons.

Despicable Me said:
I don't want to carry on the 'drama' either, but I do want to point out that I really don't like being blamed for things I'm not doing.
I'd appreciate it if you learned how to respect others, even when they disagree with you, oh-kay. I've got pretty thick skin so I'm not bothered by the things you say but if you do this to everyone then you're bound to hurt someone eventually. If, as you say, you've even been an admin/mod on other forums then I can only assume you've actually probably hurt many already.

Anyway, yes it is better that the topic get back on course.
Sorry to everyone for being a part of that. I just hate it when someone feels they can condemn others for baseless reasons.

Not even worth it...............

amthorn, did something happen in your life recently to inspire this thread topic? I won't claim to know you or anything but your posts are usually a little less... stark?

Latest posts

Back