Lonely or a loner?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a Loner though there had been few times when I felt lonely but that doesn't last long, maybe few minutes or an hour max. I love my company with myself but I enjoy company of my friends too and they know it too that I'm more reserved with myself. There had been few times too when I crack jokes and mingling with crowd but in the end of the day I always get "Why so serious?"

Back in the day I used to "bite" people If they try to approach me but I've learned to keep my fangs away. Even now I "bite" people but not in hostile way like I used to do, It's more like sarcastic humor these days. But there is one thing guarantee I'll make you smile even If you have worst day.

Well you know that plus atract minus .I think the problems that majority of people are loneliness unhappy etc,its because they are not sociable ,they are not popular etc .Just try to leave computer go to groups where are many peoplke and be happy be cofident etc you will succes

I've always found this to be kind of a non-question, in that it doesn't matter how much of a loner you are. You could be the most introverted, lonerish person in the whole world, and you'd STILL crave some social interaction after a while. I don't think it's societal programming, I think it's survival instinct. It becomes a legitimate struggle to live your life if you have no guidance or support whatsoever. You notice how the people who claim to be happy alone always have at least a few friends, and have the chance to interact with people socially if they want.

That said, I do agree that forced social interaction does not help, and can be harmful. I wish my family understood this. "Normal" people seem to have this idea that everyone MUST enjoy the same things they do deep down, and are just too shy are too scared. It's bullshit.

ohcalidatex said:
The problem for those of us who are loners is that we are in the minority. We are surrounded by nonloners who do not understand us. Theirs are the social norms and they think we just need to be "fixed" and their cure is always the worst thing for us: forced social contact. They think we just need to be around people more and then we will see the light and become nonloners just like them.

The nonloners I'm surrounded don't even care honestly. But yeah, we're in the minority, but thank goodness that we're seen as weird as much. It's still there however.

If that last sentence was true for where I live right now, I'd be super upset, and then I'd smile in the inside when they're in my shoes. Yes, I like to see them suffer sometimes, so what? :p

ohcalidatex said:
You are only lonely if you truly desire to be around people more and have no opportunity or are too shy. Just make sure you are not feeling lonely because you think you're supposed to want to have a long list of friends and a significant other. Maybe you just like being alone. Even loners have friends and like anyone we have our moments when we wish for something more yet deep down inside we know we are not like others.

I'm not going to lie, I can relate to this. Like...a lot. I don't feel the same friendships I've had with my classmates from high school, and I'm getting nowhere with my classmates in college.

Latest posts

Back