Lonelyness and Facebook

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonelydude

Reaction score
Hello,
Like alot of you im really suffering from this lonelyness problem. I dont have any siblings so im 10x lonely at home than at school. Sure I really enjoy my school but the problem arises outside of school where i have no life. U can say i got alot of acquaintances at school but no real friends. Dunno why nobody wants to have any contact with me outside of school...

Sorry about the random rambling. Back to the topic , I recently joined facebook coz i needed to contact a few people( who happened to be relatives or ppl who have graduated from my high school). After doing so i saw nearly every1 in my school was also on facebook so i started adding them . Now i have like 70 "friends" on facebook but thats all BS ... What makes me sad is that those ppl put up pictures of them and their pals having fun at different places and that just makes me so down, so very down. Ive never been arrogant, stuck up , snotty , or unpleasant yet i see ppl who are all that enjoying . Sometimes its easy to see why ppl are friends. Like 1 guy that i knew had 0 friends a few years ago but today he is surrounded by them, WHY? coz that guy is loaded and he ust happened to move to an area where some ppl from our school lived. Those ppl didnt care about his existence b4 he moved but now there his best pals coz of "geographical convenience" (like bart simpson says on an episode of the simpsons).

I thought the whole idea of social networking sites was that ppl could renew and make new friendships, but i guess in reality its more or less of a popularity contest where ppl add their "top friends" and ask ppl to add em to their's and post tonnes of pictures showing off their happy lives and rating each other on some stupid applications.

But you know what? Im really hopeful that my situation will change. Im gonna go to college next year and ive heard wonderful stories and have witnessed it infact, how ppl form close bonds and become lifelong friends. Im really hopeful my situation will change and I hope urs will too.

If I had the power to bring this situation upon anybody , i wouldnt even bring it upon my worst enemy coz this plain sucks ur soul out of you

Again sorry about the random ramblings again. And thankyou very much for reading this. Please feel free to comment about this if you can relate to me (which im pretty sure alot of ppl here can reading some of the posts here).

hey i know what you mean i also have a facebook and it just feels so depressing, mostly because no one writes on my wall or reads my notes or anything it's just kinda there, with nothing to do. and there are random people from my school that would never talk to me at school but request to be my friend it feels so weird but i feel bad rejecting them so i just add them as a friend. All these friends are just like these random knicknacks they don't do anything they're just there collecting dust on a self.

I don't have a facebook anymore cause when I had it, i had over 100 "friends" but these were who I didn't care about and who didn't care about me. I started getting friend requests from these jerks I knew from college and hs, and that's when I realized that this thing is really getting out of hand and there's no reason to have a profile anymore. Even when I did post pics no one cared...I hated how other people had so many notes on their wall, even though it was superficial stuff like "last night was so much fun!"

I don't feel bad about rejecting people, I did it many times on facebook. Serves them right for what they did to me. It felt kinda good actually.

sometimes i just write on my wall, just whatever i'm thinking if the page is up. I post more on my wall than anyone else

Yea i feel the whole point of these "social" networking sites is superficialiaty. I also see alot of ppl posting notes about how good their parties or honeysuckle have been...I tried posting on ppl's wall but the only response i would get would be like "not much". Id try really hard to stir up a convo and keep it going but it apart from a few ppl, most ppl wouldnt really wanna talk to me that much...

and yea adding ppl is kinda pointless when u dont even interact with them...

Its all BS and superficiaility , i dunno why i even have a Facebook since it makes me feel so bad and lonely :(

god im so lonely :(... The few "pals" that i have at school seem to hell bent on having their way or the high way. I mean for example one of them , if i wanna do something after school hell agree to the time and stuff but later hell deliberately change something like the venue or honeysuckle and make up some excuse for doing so . For the first few times i thought it was the real deal but now i think he does it on purpose coz he wants ppl to do what he wants, a kind of an inferiority complex, but 99% of the time they dont... and thus it becomes impossbile to do anything with him , whether its school related or not. and its not like im some super popular guy, its been like 4 months since ive done anything outside of school ...and its just my like my "pal" has to be some insecure guy who just wants to show the "kool" crowd that he controls a few lonely ppl.

god im so lonely :(

EDIT: sorry about the double post

Latest posts

Back