Lost my passion for life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the-alchemist

Reaction score
It's just that these last few month have been so tumultous, I have experienced ups and downs, but mostly steep "downs" in my quest for a girlfriend. Just so much honeysuckle has happened.

And now, I don't feel anything anymore. Nothing stimulates me. I have no interests of my own, I can't feel happy on my own. But the thing is, I have many friends now, but I have yet to find love. These recent times, whenever I have met a girl I truly feel comfortable with, who I really like in that chemical way(which is few and far between), either I fresia it up or some stupid idiot fucks it up for me.

I feel like I'm a walking dead zombie now. Martial arts used to be a passion for me, but now when I do it, I only go through the motions. I'm not really there. I can't fall in love anymore. I'm thinking of hanging myself when I turn 30. I don't see any point living if I can't find love, if I just live an empty life.

I feel like an empty shell of what I once was. All the excitement and passion in me is dead. I just wanna find love, just find a girlfriend. I don't wanna be a millionaire. But at the same time, when I go on dates, again, I go through the motions. Talk, laugh, but I'm not really there

If martial arts is a passion for you, train more. Train harder, until it hurts. You'll find at least some answer therein.

i know how you feel. i dont think i have ever really found my passion. atleast not yet anyway. im just kind of drifting... and existing.

I know it might sound messed up but I actaully got this quote from
a book of being possitive

UNTIL TRUE LOVE COMES ALONG...******* IS JUST GOING TO HAVE TO DO.

IF YOU WANT SEX JUST ASK AND KEEP ON ASKING.

Think about it for a minute. Your current life situation. The way you
believe, morals, and vaules. Is it hindering you or helping you?
Are you getting what you want out of life? Are you happy?
Are you living and enjoying your life?

It kind of blew my mind when I saw thses quotes from a being possitive
and being happy book. Got me to think really hard but I'm also openminded.

So your sitting home along...feeling bad, feeling sorry for yourself. Thinking life sucks...
As life is passing you by. Life passes you by and you can never go back to reset the time.

I know how you feel man when your disconnected from every one around you and left to your own devices the world seams fake. you mind seams more real then the things surrounding you. even things your care about seam to fade into the gray and blend in. all i got to say is i know it sucks and that life doesn't seam worth living if your living it with out anyone. life is a dark lonely place but i'm sure you'll find some one. i know it sucks to sound optimism when your down but really i wish you luck.

Remember that depression / bad mood is self-perpetuating. The worse you feel inside, the more boring the world outside feels. And thus, it suddenly seems hopeless to ever become happy again, because you lose the ability to even imagine a life that's interesting, since an interesting life no longer fits into your worldview.
Luckily, the opposite is true as well. The happier you are, the more awesome and promising everything seems.
So how do you reverse the spiral? I really can't say. It comes down to you. What you feel you need. Find the need and work for it. If it's the last thing you do, just work for it, devote yourself to that one goal. It'll keep you busy until hopefully, you become happier.

I know excatly how you feel... I don't get any passion for anything. Everything is almost air to me. :/

Maybe you are trying too hard, no wait what am I saying, obviously you are trying too hard. You are desperate to have a girl friend, things aren't working out, you are letting this consume you and suck the joy out of everyday life and things you used to enjoy. Stop trying so hard and let things come naturally. Enjoy life and living it. Stop letting this quest for a girlfriend drag you down, no wonder you aren't having any success. You need to reconnect with yourself, a girlfriend isn't going to magically make this all better. If anything relationships are a lot of work and can cause more trouble then they are worth. If you are letting this all get you down it's probably a good thing you don't have a girlfriend right now. How you can sit there and say your life is empty just because you don't have a girlfriend, yet you said you have lots of friends. You know how many people on this site alone would love to trade places with you right now? Your life isn't empty you just think it is because of this quest you are obsessing over.

Oh, and hanging yourself when you turn 30 if you still haven't found love? That is the stupidest and utterly most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, basing your future life on getting a girlfriend. You're lucky I'm not around you right now or I'd smack you up side the head.

haha, that is exactly me... even with the martial art thing. I just recently quit because I didn't want to do it without the passion I used to have.

Face it buddy. You're half a person. Without a partner you are dull and disinteresting. Without the chemical fire that lust causes that initiates the embarassing euphoria that is love, you are like trying to watch any Broken Lizard film sober. When I lost my passion for life back when I left puberty behind I started dragging my feet and eveerything else suffered as a result, and then I got reasons to really mope.

If you need the elusive "HER" so badly, your only hope is to continue to refine yourself and draw the subtle from the gross. Become gold again, my leadened friend, and she will see in you the other half that she has been missing.

From one alchemist to another.

^^Hey pal. Nice post. But could you explain a little more in depth? How do you "refine yourself" and "draw subtle from gross"?

Just to rule out any obvious hormonal issues, complete lack of passion and desire can have physical causes(most obviously being having extremely low or no tetesterone) - are you sure that you are healthy?

I don't have a girlfriend. I also don't have friends. You know how much I want friends. Dude, you have it extremely lucky. Maybe you need to savour and cherish what you have and not focus on what you don't. Like someone else has already said, a lot of people - myself included - would give anything to have what you have.

Latest posts

Back