Math is hard..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IgnoredOne

Reaction score
Is Algebra Necessary?

Math is hard, so we shouldn't make students study it!

And then they wonder why the US's education lags behind internationally, along with its stock of the technically and scientifically capable. The hilarity does not end, I do swear.

I loved math so much as a kid that when I was bored on the school bus i would make up math problems to do to pass the time.

my favorite thing about math class my freshman year of highschool was the busty set of identical twins that sat on either side of me.

i was in love with a different one each day.

A lot of times in chess, those who have a strong understanding of math are quite often, better players than most who don't have strong math skills. Not always, but often.

math is the language of the universe.

why is it so important?
I dont need to learn anything that I find too hard.

Not everyone needs to be great at the same thing.... math, science, business blah blah blah...

but i am pretty good at math tho... and science... and business... so go do something else please...

Maths is obviously a crucial topic in education. I think a huge element of it is how it's taught.

Ironically I'm a scientist (physical/chemical sciences too), so I have to do a fair bit of maths, but I still don't get on with it nearly as well as I do the rest of my University course. I think it's because the teaching for it was appalling all through my school life and so I've pretty much taught myself everything I know on the subject.

I think for something as enormous in range as Maths it's of critical importance to have teachers that are competent and driven in teaching the topic right from first steps on the school ladder.

Latest posts

Back