Money and Loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete528

Reaction score
I heard somewhere that loneliness can affect one's income level. I wonder if there is any truth to that.

Effect it in what way?

I would spend more money if I had more people to spend it on/with, so I guess that might motivate me to seek out a higher paying job. I want a higher paying job anyway though.

Locke said:
Effect it in what way?

I would spend more money if I had more people to spend it on/with, so I guess that might motivate me to seek out a higher paying job. I want a higher paying job anyway though.

I heard somewhere that low income levels are attributed to loneliness. It may just be an over generalization.

I dont know about income, but its cheaper to rent/buy a place with someone, as you both make money.

You can look at this both ways. Money doesn't buy happiness, but not having enough causes unhappiness. At the same time it's also been proven that smarter people tend to to be the most depressed. Ignorance is bliss, and smarter people aren't as ignorant. I'm of course associating the fact that smarter people have better paying jobs.

i would answer mostly no. because, unless you bring loneliness into the workplace and lower your effectiveness because of your attitude, loneliness shouldnt have any factor on your actual skill level to perform your job and therefore affect your pay.

you cant always justify a problem with a cause that you have no control over.

I don't think it is true... Some people I have met live in poverty... Far worse than I have ever been myself... and despite the fact that life is hard, they looked at each day as an individual blessing, and looked forward for tomorrow's day with an amazing amount of optimism.

I wish I could say the same for others. For some people living with little to no money does cause stress, as in developed countries the quality of life is a high standard which not many people can obtain themselves without having a higher paying job. With some people incapable of reaching certain high paying jobs due to their mental health or having the lack of credentials needed, they are stuck with lower paying jobs and some will feel hopeless, lonely, lost, and depressed.

I am someone who HATES being broke. It's the insecurity of what tomorrow's surprises might bring, that makes it suck for me. Because I do not have "emergency funds aka just in case honeysuckle rolls down hill", not having the security of mind really bothers me. But, this is also due to the crap that happened for the last two years being terribly overwhelming.

But each person is different, as is the situation that they have come from.

Latest posts

Back