Movies

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roman23

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I'm curious what good movies about lonliness do you know?
I like The Station Agent and Paper Man.

Hm, I dunno. A movie I saw recently that I liked was Maniac with Elijah Wood. It's not about loneliness in the way I think you mean it...but he's basically a serial killer who murders women, cuts off their scalps and then staples them to the heads of mannequins he restores and talks to them like they're people. So I mean...his character was a little lonely in that movie.

Among the Sleep said:
Hm, I dunno. A movie I saw recently that I liked was Maniac with Elijah Wood. It's not about loneliness in the way I think you mean it...but he's basically a serial killer who murders women, cuts off their scalps and then staples them to the heads of mannequins he restores and talks to them like they're people. So I mean...his character was a little lonely in that movie.

Oh.. that movie is basically a rip off of the movie "The Call".

Btw, awesome way to avoid typecasting, there Mr.Wood.

Among the Sleep said:

I saw this film the other day, Elijah Wood is a creepy looking dude isn't he...I am pretty sure he just did that film just to try get rib of the hobbit typecasting. (As Midnight Sky has said :) )

I really like Lars and the Real Girl and Good Dick. They are brilliant films about loneliness. Also My First Mister.

Spirited Away might fall into this category. Fly Away Home is another one.

Latest posts

Back