Mrs. Robinson you 're trying to seduce me!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arachne

Reaction score
NVm on second thought it was daft of me to post and think anyone would reply..Bright Blessings.. Moderator please remove sorry to have wasted your times..

If it helps…I was sleeping…not ignoring your thread and then i come here and everything's deleted.

(Hugs) <= this is for you

Arachne said:
NVm on second thought it was daft of me to post and think anyone would reply..Bright Blessings.. Moderator please remove sorry to have wasted your times..

Huh...I was going to reply, but couldn't when I first read your post as I was busy. I wasn't really going to offer any advice as such, simply offer some mutual understanding and to say, 'Yep, I get where you're coming from'. :D

Darn, I hate it when someone wants to say something, then censors themselves! I bet those deleted posts are the most interesting ones on this forum :)

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Darn, I hate it when someone wants to say something, then censors themselves! I bet those deleted posts are the most interesting ones on this forum :)

-Teresa

Why does that happen?

I feel really bad now. I just rethought what I was posting about and chickened out. Then add to that the amount of views with no replies and I felt that perhaps it wasn't worth posting and asking. Didn't want all of you to think ill of me. I understand now that was not the case.

So if you will give me one last chance here it is..

Oh this will be rich.. A 52 year old single woman whining about......Younger men wanting to date her.. Yes, that's right D has a problem. Although I am sure it is not even a problem. But why do I feel it is a problem..?

Background I dig older men have since I was a teenager.. Boyfriends were for the most part 3-4 years older than I. My ex was 4 years older.. But I have also faced a issue that younger men have always dug me.. I dunno why, can't even begin to tell ya.. I have asked em I get told you are amazing, fun, free spirit..blah blah

My 30 year old had a moment at work once when one of his co workers, said who was that MILF ( hate that term) you were chatting to.. " Dude that's my mum" he was most suitably weirded out as was I when I learned what MILF meant..

Now I admit if I had a dream man on the young side or perhaps some eye candy for D it is Jason Statham lol but really that is about it.

I wonder am I suffering from some kind of phobia cougaridess? A Ms Robinson MILF disease? I just don't get it..

Why is this even bothering me? I tell ya why. Since my singledom every man my age or older has been shall we say either unavailable, just not into me or to obsessed with 20 somethings to give me a chance.

I know ladies your thing geez what are you whining about? Well I like to talk to someone who gets my weird Benny Hill sense of humor or can sing the words to Kashmir without googling on their I phone. I want to laugh at Bionic Man jokes and they know who Jimmy Carter is or Margret Thatcher. In other words I want to be able to have a conversation where I am not asking my kids " What does BBF mean or how to go to the cloud? " wtf

I feel safer with guys my own age yet, I get the attention from the younger ones.. Why my rant? I have been asked out on a date and said yes somewhat reluctantly with a man 12 years younger so 40. That's the youngest I have ever accepted.. Ok its not to bad I suppose. When I tried that dating disaster site I did get pms from a 28, 32, 35 and 38 year old looking to meet.. O.O I declined all still waiting for my much older prince charming.

So I want to know what gives..? Why do the older men pass right on buy. Yet, the younger ones cling to my skirts.. Am I silly for feeling like I am robbing the cradle? 40 is not so bad but even now I fond myself thinking hes not a boomer hes gen x what we have in common I was a teen in the 70's he was in diapers..well you get the picture..

Love to hear from anyone advice thoughts until then I will go watch The Graduate and cringe..

Blessed be..and thank you in-advance..

That's because women are like wine. Younger men with any sense see it. You should roll with your cougar'ness.

My whole life, everywhere I go, everywhere I look...the females my age are "girls" (in my view) and the only "women" are older (again, my perception). It's a brainspace thing. Where is one's brain?

Besides, I deal with a lot of people in my job and I've met many men your age who are unsophisticated idiots with not half an intellect. Don't idolize them. You may find that your preconceived notions about what an older man and a younger man must be like are just that - subjective perceptions that are not truly reflective of reality.

Perhaps you should also consider that it's somewhat natural. Men and women peak at different times. It seems to be the natural order of things for those peaks to coincide.

Of course you aren't silly for feeling that way. Although, I don't see anything wrong with dating younger guys, as long as it's legal. lol

That said, it doesn't really matter either way whether you want to or not, it's all about what YOU are comfortable doing. If you are uncomfortable dating men that are significantly younger than you are, just say you are flattered and decline.

I understand how you feel though. I get the MILF comments too, but I just brush them off because they are clearly delusional. :p

Although it's nice to share things in common (references, music, culture, etc.), it can also be great sharing the journey of learning together, no?

Arachne said:
Then add to that the amount of views with no replies and I felt that perhaps it wasn't worth posting and asking.

Just so you know (and for anyone else who may have thought that), number of views a thread has is no real indication of who is actually viewing it. There are a number of bots who view threads here and a lot of those "guests" on here viewing threads are spammers. Plus you only left it up for just shy of an hour, it can take longer than that for people to reply sometimes. Just all depends on the topic. :)

I'd give the 40 year old a chance, if he is into you, he'll want to learn about everything that makes you "tick", pop culture of past eras included. You'll never know unless you meet him.

I think you equate age with maturity. I do that too and have been doing it for all my life, and I'm only 26. I've always searched for older women, because I was always way ahead of my age maturity-wise, even when I was a teen and I thought I couldn't relate to "immature" younger women. My best relationship ever being with a woman 2 years older than me also reinforced this belief. In your case, though, I would give those 40-somethings a chance, you never know when you're gonna find a man too mature for his age.

On a side note, if knowing the lyrics of Kashmir by heart is your idea of an ideal man, then maybe you need to add 26-year old guys to your list. :p

I can understand where youre coming from with the not having much to talk about thing. Im 39 myself so im about that guys age. Honestly though 12 years isnt that HUGE of a difference, my best friend is about that much younger than me and she and i never run out of things to talk about weve been emailing back and forth for about 2 or 3 years now. It really just depends on the person i think and where their interests lie. I have another friend whos basically my sister for all intents and purposes and shes about your age not quite a slight bit younger maybe but we always have plenty to talk about too. I think all those things you mentioned if you truly find a connection with the person will fall to the wayside once the connection is made. I mean me myself i love seventies and eighties music and things and know a lot about those eras. I say dont put pressure on yourself, its not like youve got to marry the guy lol, just go out with him a few times and see if its fun and you enjoy his company right? If you dont take the chance youll never know, and if it does go the way you think it will then youll just know you were right and no harm done and maybe you still made a friend. Either way good luck with it whatever you decide.

Nothing wrong with dating a younger man, I say. I saw a story on NPR or some such website discussing desired ages of the opposite sex when dating by men and women. As women age from 21 on up, the ages of who they want to date go up too. But as men age- the ages of women they would like to date stays flat and stuck in the 20s. Of course, there are men and women that don't fit these profiles but I thought it was an interesting perspective.
Women also live longer than men so being with a younger man is hedging your bets against being widowed for a long period when you're older :)

Edit to add: Here's that story on NPR:
http://www.npr.org/2014/09/06/345884282/online-dating-stats-reveal-a-dataclysm-of-telling-trends

-Teresa

Latest posts

Back