need male view on looks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barbaloot said:
blackdot said:
I guess another reason I hate seeing women all dressed up is that they then expect me to get all dressed up and I don't get dressed up.
I see no point in wasting my money in clothes that have no purpose other than to make it look like you like to waste money.

We get that you hate women who dress nicely. Maybe you and Unlucky should hook up and save her some money in the process so she doesn't have to buy heels or dresses.

why don't you keep you smart comments to you self read the paragraph vert start at the i said i was trying to improve how i look. you save me current and money answer you stupid remark on me which you NOT read correctly.you will save me money answering you !

(haven't read most of the responses)

It depends on the guy I guess but I don't think most guys would want one extreme or another. I could go with Tomboy if they still have feminine look to them. But the term Tomboy is kinda broad. If she dresses in casual clothing and does sports, then it's fine. But if she dress in baggy clothing, has corn rolls, and wears fitted caps, then it's a complete turnoff. Men(straight) don't want to date a girl that "looks like them". I could also go with a Girly Girl but not someone too girly. It can be a tad annoying.

It's interesting you mentioned being "one of the lads", UIL. That may very well be why guys treat you poorly.

When looking for a romantic interest, the majority of guys prefer a feminine woman out of their circle of male friends.

That's not to say bimboish, fake-feminine acting. Just a girl who looks like a girl and clearly has the romantic desires of a woman.

If a girl is always trying to fit in with the boys (like showing interest constantly in "manly" activities or trying to actually be like another guy full stop), it can come across as trying too hard or being fake, which can irritate or confuse guys.

Do you have female friends? I don't know what most girls get up to with their friends (shopping seems to be a prime choice of activity!), but hang out with some girls and just get to know them, see if it changes your perceptions of each gender.

Imagine a guy came up to a group of girls and started discussing, for example, his latest spending spree on shoes, or his love for the guys in Twilight. You probably wouldn't find that hot, I imagine?

Not that a guy can't interact with girls like that or vice versa. I remember holding a lengthy discussion on shoes with some girls and had them laughing a bit, because I did it in a semi-mocking/jokey fashion as opposed to trying to be a..errr...tomgirl? :\

So that's why some guys aren't keen on girls who act really blatantly guy-ish all the time.

Don't change your personality though, just reassess your interests and how you convey yourself.

Nolife Princess said:
unlucky in life said:
i have question 1st do men like tomboys who like getting dirty like sports ,but not in to make up or hair .like wearing men boots ,jeans, military clothes and combat boots no make up no hair style dirty clothes.not so girly or not catty or not bitchy or not stuck up ,not full of themselves

or women who are extreme girly girly in to sexy dresses and revealing clothes and high heel ,tight tops and bikinis being skinny with pretty face and not in to any real actives as such constantly acting sexy and flirty the type of go over being full of themselves and think they can any man they want with touch of catty,stuck up is that appealing to men these type of women Hollywood actress type

do men treat tomboy type female like one lads treated like one of the lads more less invisible in sex appeal ,men speak and act like there one of the boys not realise females not males because they look like one of the lads drinks like lad, act one of the lads ,

its general question aim at no one just wondering to myself its honest question.i don't mean keep annoying people with my questions that might stupid to some people not to me because i don't know much about men

sorry if i get people nerves .

......You left out the middle 'type' if that's what you wanna call it....
Tomboi yet sexy feminine, feisty, yet calm, naturally beautiful (no need for make-up) confident strong, yet fragile flower like, sweet, and bad ass at the same time...... you get my point right?
This is me, and I wear it proudly.

Her name be Sigourney Weaver in the "Alien" films. Mmmmmmmmmmm running around in her panties, hair toussled.....

:club:

TheSolitaryMan said:
It's interesting you mentioned being "one of the lads", UIL. That may very well be why guys treat you poorly.

When looking for a romantic interest, the majority of guys prefer a feminine woman out of their circle of male friends.

That's not to say bimboish, fake-feminine acting. Just a girl who looks like a girl and clearly has the romantic desires of a woman.

If a girl is always trying to fit in with the boys (like showing interest constantly in "manly" activities or trying to actually be like another guy full stop), it can come across as trying too hard or being fake, which can irritate or confuse guys.

Do you have female friends? I don't know what most girls get up to with their friends (shopping seems to be a prime choice of activity!), but hang out with some girls and just get to know them, see if it changes your perceptions of each gender.

Imagine a guy came up to a group of girls and started discussing, for example, his latest spending spree on shoes, or his love for the guys in Twilight. You probably wouldn't find that hot, I imagine?

Not that a guy can't interact with girls like that or vice versa. I remember holding a lengthy discussion on shoes with some girls and had them laughing a bit, because I did it in a semi-mocking/jokey fashion as opposed to trying to be a..errr...tomgirl? :\

So that's why some guys aren't keen on girls who act really blatantly guy-ish all the time.

Don't change your personality though, just reassess your interests and how you convey yourself.
well i am trying to be more like girl i have taking interested in make up lately and some clothes since i don't know much about the things.

i was reading some thing before some one said on forum that treat tomboy girls they invisible talk about women in sexual way in front of them(tomboys) like there one one the boys i had experiences with one
guy where he said he do her in front of me.

and i tried mascara last night i found out it brings our my almonds eyes so sort looks exotic which nice to look less plain looking its not huge difference but small one

TheSolitaryMan said:

+1 Good advice.

I really wish you'd post a picture of yourself. I'm not a man, but all of my clients are, so maybe my post can help. In my line of work, it's important for me to look my best.

You said that you look like a clown or drag-queen when you apply make-up? Well, the important thing to remember is that cosmetics are meant to enhance your appearance, not mask it.
~If you're going to use foundation, mix it with a good moisturizer. That will make it thinner and easier to spread, and will help keep you from accidentally using too much.
~When using eye shadow, keep it simple until you really know what you're doing. Even something close to your skin color, but slightly lighter or darker, can make a big difference.
~Use lipstick/lip gloss that is clear or close to the color of your lips.
~Most people don't actually need blush, or don't need much of it. You could probably skip that and look fine.

If you're normally a tomboy, you probably aren't going to be comfortable in skirts and heels. I recommend wearing nice dress pants. In the summer, you could get a skort (shorts made to look like a skirt). You could wear flat dress shoes or a pump. One of my favorite pairs of shoes is a boot that goes to my ankle. It has a thick sturdy heel that makes me feel safe, but lifts me about two inches.

Monochrome (all one color) outfits are more flattering than multiple colors, and dark colors are usually more attractive than light. You could use a pretty necklace and bracelet to brighten it up, and by changing accessories, you can make an outfit look different the next time you wear it.

unlucky in life said:
so why do guys ignore tomboys for how they look and act

Because boys like girls, not other boys.

If a girl is so good at acting like a boy that she's indistinguishable from one, then there also goes the attraction.

Some guys like Tomboys. It's not every guy that will reject you because of that.

I like girly girls, though. But I know some guys that feel otherwise.

i personally would prefer a tomboyish girl... not to the point where they dress like a guy or have short hair...but where they are comfortable going out in a t shirt with jeans and sneakers..and are up to do guy things i like doing...but also know how to get dolled up on special occasions

nerdygirl said:
I really wish you'd post a picture of yourself. I'm not a man, but all of my clients are, so maybe my post can help. In my line of work, it's important for me to look my best.

You said that you look like a clown or drag-queen when you apply make-up? Well, the important thing to remember is that cosmetics are meant to enhance your appearance, not mask it.
~If you're going to use foundation, mix it with a good moisturizer. That will make it thinner and easier to spread, and will help keep you from accidentally using too much.
~When using eye shadow, keep it simple until you really know what you're doing. Even something close to your skin color, but slightly lighter or darker, can make a big difference.
~Use lipstick/lip gloss that is clear or close to the color of your lips.
~Most people don't actually need blush, or don't need much of it. You could probably skip that and look fine.

If you're normally a tomboy, you probably aren't going to be comfortable in skirts and heels. I recommend wearing nice dress pants. In the summer, you could get a skort (shorts made to look like a skirt). You could wear flat dress shoes or a pump. One of my favorite pairs of shoes is a boot that goes to my ankle. It has a thick sturdy heel that makes me feel safe, but lifts me about two inches.

Monochrome (all one color) outfits are more flattering than multiple colors, and dark colors are usually more attractive than light. You could use a pretty necklace and bracelet to brighten it up, and by changing accessories, you can make an outfit look different the next time you wear it.

well i have white irish skin and i have almond brown eyes but my eyes are even and my long and black my face round and heavy uneven unshape .

some time i try golden foundation and pick light lip colour brown blush and brown eye shadow its look like drag queen or else clown

do men also like pretty face but skeleton thin like international
model http://www.google.ie/imgres?q=natas...t=26&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:26&tx=106&ty=80 to me she looks like she need few meals

When I think of white Irish skin, I think of somebody with very fair skin. Combining it with black hair and almond eyes, I imagine your face to be similar to this girl.
irish.jpg

If that looks right, then you might want to try cool colored cosmetics. Your skin is probably more pink than yellow, making golden foundation and brown eye shadow the wrong choices.

You might want to try eye shadow in a light shimmery pink, beige, or peach. A plum or eggplant colored eye liner will bring out your eyes. It's hard to say which foundation to use without seeing your skin, but you may be better off with something like ivory or porcelain.

There are a lot of make-up tutorials on youtube that might help with technique. Look for things about natural or bridal looks.
[video=youtube]

IgnoredOne said:
unlucky in life said:
do men also like pretty face but skeleton thin like international
model http://www.google.ie/imgres?q=natas...t=26&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:26&tx=106&ty=80 to me she looks like she need few meals

Not all men, or possibly even most men are fond of the anexoric look. I find her facial features attractive, her body is okay but I would prefer someone with a bit more voluptuousness.
i,d love to be as beautiful as her men seem love her even guys 10 years younger then her like her in girlfriend way

I generally always went for the girly types, however I always ended up secretly falling for my tomboy friends.

With the risk of simply echoing others, I think it really depends on the person. What people find aesthetically pleasing is a highly subjective and qualitative matter, some people may like Tom boys, while others may dislike that particular style. Some may like glamour girls, while again, some may not.

However there is a certain amount of accordance where you may present a girl who is perceived as a glamour girl to a guy who topically only likes Tomboys and he might show an interest in her, and visa-versa in the situation.

I think the women that are most successful in attracting men using their looks as a vector are the ones most confident with their style, be it Tomboy, Glamour girl or something utterly different. Quiet confidence seems to have its own aura altogether

Romeo Echo said:
With the risk of simply echoing others, I think it really depends on the person. What people find aesthetically pleasing is a highly subjective and qualitative matter, some people may like Tom boys, while others may dislike that particular style. Some may like glamour girls, while again, some may not.

However there is a certain amount of accordance where you may present a girl who is perceived as a glamour girl to a guy who topically only likes Tomboys and he might show an interest in her, and visa-versa in the situation.

I think the women that are most successful in attracting men using their looks as a vector are the ones most confident with their style, be it Tomboy, Glamour girl or something utterly different. Quiet confidence seems to have its own aura altogether

well i am not good looking i am not slim so i end up single i was not born model seems unfair i don't how i look i don't like my fat face my uneven eyes ,my hair , no high cheeks bones no brilliant white teeth no flawless so i guess i have get used to being this way men don't how i look have said so to my face million times million different guys from all different places i am so sad its make me cry i am such reject always will be because i don't look like model or pretty i have trying improving my self i put make up i cry because it not enough i look its not good enough i take off make up in tears because how i look its not good enough just not good enough even by every day guy standards all i feel like doing is giving up may be i should at this stage never had boyfriend in forever may that never !

us men don't like you as girlfriend never want relationship with the likes of you and any woman but you .once its not you all these men give me since i was 18 years old .so may be i was meant to single i never got compliment of guy or any thing good to say about me,i never got asked out .some guys act like i don't exist not even hello they could be right beside me

unlucky in life said:
well i am not good looking i am not slim so i end up single i was not born model seems unfair i don't how i look i don't like my fat face my uneven eyes ,my hair , no high cheeks bones no brilliant white teeth no flawless so i guess i have get used to being this way men don't how i look have said so to my face million times million different guys from all different places i am so sad its make me cry i am such reject always will be because i don't look like model or pretty i have trying improving my self i put make up i cry because it not enough i look its not good enough i take off make up in tears because how i look its not good enough just not good enough even by every day guy standards all i feel like doing is giving up may be i should at this stage never had boyfriend in forever may that never !

us men don't like you as girlfriend never want relationship with the likes of you and any woman but you .once its not you all these men give me since i was 18 years old .so may be i was meant to single i never got compliment of guy or any thing good to say about me,i never got asked out .some guys act like i don't exist not even hello they could be right beside me

I apologize if any of my comments caused grief, and i can only express sympathy for the situation that you just described. But like I said in my last post, a little bit of confidence can go along way the first step is the longest stride!

Romeo Echo said:
unlucky in life said:

I apologize if any of my comments caused grief, and i can only express sympathy for the situation that you just described. But like I said in my last post, a little bit of confidence can go along way the first step is the longest stride!
yeah well that my problem with no solution to it .i don't even confidence because a lot of guys have destroyed my confidence even ability to try.
men go on looks i have none so i end up alone. people feel sorry for me for it because i don't know any one else in the world who has rejection problem
one counsellor it was most unusually problem very strange and for so long .it makes me cry and sad i am angry due to verbal abuse and physical abuse men have given me .but they won't do it it other women only me.

when you born ugly looking and fat it bring on hated and verbal abuse from men in ways you can not imaging and pain i feel inside its feel bit like knife stab to heart its feel real some times i be on knees in tears over the pain men have done to me with out mercy.

there one guy on Facebook he was very cruel and nasty i never meet is play head games he blocking me and unblocking for last few months on and off but never adds me which very strange behaviour

i don't what wrong me beside my physical that bring on cruel abuse and threats and lied to as well pure hated towards pure hatred i feel in there voice and words

all i get is we don't want you nor give you chance they don't either give me 2nd chance

Latest posts

Back