Need someone who needs me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justanotherlaura

Reaction score
My friends over the years drifted away and now I am left with nothing except the occasional "meet up because we're due for a meet up and then go home and forget about each other for the next 2 months" situation.

I am lonely.

I am empty.

I want a friend who will appreciate me as much as I would appreciate them. I'm sick of this, how am I supposed to make a close bunch of friends like I used to have? That takes connecting and that's not happening for me lately. Sure I hold conversations with people for a while but no deep friendship connections. Maybe I'm blocking people off because I feel so hopeless.

I just want a friend.

This is a good place to practice conversations. You never know, someone here might actually live in your area and you can become friends in person!

The online chatroom is a another option.

Need someone who needs me...I feel your pain...I have recently relocated to Orlando, FL, because of work, from Chicago, IL, where I was born, where me family is and definitely where my best firends are. I am now in a new town where I know no one. I only know a hand full of my co-workers but no one I can really connect with. It sucks sometimes being alone and I discovered this site this morning, as I lay here alone, lol...I had to chuckle at that. But I am optimistic that I will come across that person or persons that will be a friend and hopefully a guy who is seeking a relationship. I just need to know how to get out there and where to go to meet people. I know I don't have the answer but I want you to know you are not alone and I am here for you.

Same with my best friend who i have known my whole life, who because of her boyfriend is now slowly and painfully disappearing from my life. She may not give me a backwards glance but i still love her like it was yesterday. but when another is willing to leave your life and neglect your love, it opens up a part of your heart for another to grow. Along the way i found people who need me as much as i need them it was all about the wait because they are more than worth it. When you go through a "friend" like that it just means youre one step closer to one that will forever love you through hell and high water. hold your head up, smile, and live. If we are all alone in this world, than in that since were are all in it together.

Hey well the thing is with great friends is that, this is true even with me - I know for a fact we could not talk for months, hell, even years, and I could show up and they would welcome me with open arms and a smile on their face. Oh yeah and I know what you mean, sometimes, I need to feel useful, like I have something to do, to help with, etc, otherwise I feel useless and weird just kind of not doing much. I don't know, it's always just sort of been something... but yeah.

Latest posts

Back