New here, just desperate for a friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plums

Reaction score
I'm 19, male, and its my first year in college, yet I have never had a much of true friend. I question myself everyday why is this - I don't act fake, I'm funny, I can get along with anyone. Yet I find myself eating alone everyday, walking home alone, even watching t.v. alone. Oh God, I swear I could cry, and everyday I say to myself, "you've got to get a friend, you're going to kill yourself." when I sit at tables, everyone pulls chairs from the table I'm at so that they can sit with more of their friends, and I'm just wondering why no one talks to me. And I talk to everyone I see, but then as soon as I see them again, they act like they never knew me and remain quiet and pass my way

I try to make internet friends, but no one replies twice or at all...

I surely am not asking for special treatment here, but for the sake of me just feeling alive, can someone be my friend? I really have no one man

Just some happy facts about me
-love old 70s punk rock
-love Gothic literature
-I write music and poetry
-I am naturally a happy and hilarious guy, you should talk to me!
-I should be more active on yahoo messenger if anyone goes on there
[email protected] (had this email through every craze and phase I went through lol)

Love you all! -plums

Hey, plums and welcome to the forum. There are a LOT of folks here around you age, so I'm sure you'll have some interesting people to chat with.

Again, welcome. :)

What's up plums? so welcome!
plums said:
-I am naturally a happy and hilarious guy, you should talk to me!

LoooL.. alright, we're talking. we won't fail you here. looking for your future posts!

Hi plums :)

I'm also new here. As far as I can tell so far, this site seems full of nice people. So I don't think you'll have a problem with making new friends.

PM me anytime, if you'd like.

shells said:
Hi plums :)

I'm also new here. As far as I can tell so far, this site seems full of nice people. So I don't think you'll have a problem with making new friends. PM me anytime, if you'd like.

Thanks man, definitely gonna take you up on that offer soon =) And yea, this seems like a great great site, didn't even know one like this existed before now.

Gothic literature ...hmm...that sounds interesting. Will you be my friend? pwetty please *batts eyes*

Hey plums

Hope you're doing ok.

I just wanted to let you know that everyone has a different experience/journey at uni. I actually experienced people not talking to me the first time I started uni. But funnily enough the second time I did uni (which is now), I ended up making a lot of friends.

A really good way for you to make friends is by joining clubs. That way you'll meet people who are similar to you :)

oarivan said:
Gothic literature ...hmm...that sounds interesting. Will you be my friend? pwetty please *batts eyes*

lol, oh god XD

LOL

:D Oar you crack me up

Hey Plums, welcome to the site bud! Try posting on topics that interest you and getting to know the people here. ALL is unique in that I haven't found such a group of well-intentioned and nice people anywhere else on the internet. Btw, I'm always looking for good music recommendations (get so sick and tired of listening to the same old pop stuff they play on the radio!) so if you have some 70's rock for me that's good, pls. let me know! Hope to cya around!

I hear ya. I'm been kinda desperate for a friend too, especially real life one, like not through the internet, but it's hard enough to get internet friends for me, if you know what I mean.

There are a lot of cool people, good people that are lonely and it's sad. It bothers me how some people just have so many friends and everything, I don't even have one.

Hey. When you're bored write me at [email protected] (That's a zero, capital c and i, 3, 5, 5, capital a.) I will reply for sure. Just remind me how you know me. Thanks! Oh and I only ask you write me coz I don't wanna be rejected. Yeah. Biggest Fear.

Latest posts

Back