New member from NZ

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albatross

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am from the south island of New Zealand. I study at Otago university. I enjoy playing video games, My favorite game is Payday 2 but I have a million other games thanks to Steam sales. I also enjoy paintball but I haven't played in ages because I don't have anyone to play with. I like to improve myself so I enjoy learning new things and I try to keep fit. I go running but I've never been to a gym or anything. The thought of it is intimidating so I just do push ups and stuff at home.

I'm quite shy, even online. I often type up a post then end up deleting it. I also find it difficult to chat to people online. I never know what to say.

It would be nice to make some new friends

Welcome to the forum, Albatross. We're a very friendly bunch here, so feel free to write whatever you like - even if it makes you feel embarrassed - and we'll support you anyway. It's good to laugh at yourself sometimes.

My best friend when I was at school now lives in New Zealand. He lives in Auckland though and my limited knowledge of NZ geography says to me that Auckland is on the top of the north island. If I'm incorrect, feel free to chastise me appropriately :)

Cavey said:
Welcome to the forum, Albatross. We're a very friendly bunch here, so feel free to write whatever you like - even if it makes you feel embarrassed - and we'll support you anyway. It's good to laugh at yourself sometimes.

My best friend when I was at school now lives in New Zealand. He lives in Auckland though and my limited knowledge of NZ geography says to me that Auckland is on the top of the north island. If I'm incorrect, feel free to chastise me appropriately :)
Thanks. And yeah that's correct

mad monty said:
Hello and welcome!

Thanks

New zealand has some really beautiful countryside and the people seem awesome too, its on my top countries to visit or move to if i got the chance. Welcome to the forums and as far as the friends thing im always up to make new friends, pm me anytime. Im a gamer as well.

Hi Albatross :)

Albatross said:
My favorite game is Payday 2 but I have a million other games thanks to Steam sales.

Didn't enjoy that game. But Steam sales are good. I buy games that I never play :p

Nice to meet you, Albatross!

Albatross said:
I'm quite shy, even online. I often type up a post then end up deleting it. I also find it difficult to chat to people online. I never know what to say.

I also write and don't post quite often, or at least don't post the original version, but in the most cases it seems to be for the best ^^

New Zealand is a very beautiful country (a colleague at work visited it recently and brought back some awesome pics).

Thanks everyone. I posted a picture of myself in that "Let's see those faces thread" in case anyone wanted to see what I look like. I'm too anxious to see what people have replied with. I will probably delete the pic later so it's a limited time offer.

Welcome on board Albatross... :) :) :)

Anytime you feel like it make sure to PM me... there is no reason for you to be shy.. I was kinda like you when i was younger.. i guess i went through huge transformation at one point of life.. It will me great to chat you... :) feel free to talk to me...

hey there my fellow nzer :) im new here too! and am also horribly socially anxious. how do you do :)

Latest posts

Back