newly joined introvert

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Taylor. I'm new here and I've never done anything like this (joining a forum for anything at all) before. I am quite an ordinary person, except that I'm as introverted as one gets... I've written and rewritten this text about eight times now because I'm terrified of having an actual conversation with anyone, but I am tired of being alone because of my inability to start or hold a conversation without being afraid of saying the wrong thing.
I'm just wondering if there's anyone else here who, like me, would like to get a little experience in having actual conversations :)

Don't worry so much about saying the wrong thing. We've all been there before. This is a pretty welcoming place for the most part. Just don't be insulting or obviously rude and you'll be okay :)

Welcome to ALL

Welcome to the forum. You can’t really say the wrong thing if you’re being sincere and genuine and polite, so relax in that regard. If you still happen to offend someone then just apologise for making them feel that, which still doesn’t mean you said anything wrong. If you read some conversations, you’ll get the gist. The art of conversation is to get the other person talking, so ask open questions, not ones that promote a single word answer. People generally, in normal circles lol, like talking about themselves, so ask those types of questions, which will also give you a better idea of what the other person is after a while. Some do make it challenging though, but that’s part of the art. Good luck.

Welcome. I'm with you in being worried about offending people - but the thing to remember is that there are people who enjoy being dramatic and look for reasons to be offended in order to feed their inner drama queen/king: its never about you.

As long as you are kind and non-judgemental you have nothing to worry about.

Hey, I'm Taylor. I'm new here and I've never done anything like this (joining a forum for anything at all) before. I am quite an ordinary person, except that I'm as introverted as one gets... I've written and rewritten this text about eight times now because I'm terrified of having an actual conversation with anyone, but I am tired of being alone because of my inability to start or hold a conversation without being afraid of saying the wrong thing.
I'm just wondering if there's anyone else here who, like me, would like to get a little experience in having actual conversations :)
Hi Taylor, welcome to the forum.

I'd be very happy to practice having an actual conversation. There's a voice section on the online chat that goes along with this forum. I'm in a different time zone. Send me a message through this forum and I'll be happy to work out a time to meet you there for some practice. I need practice too.

Latest posts

Back