No one is going to care are they?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnotherEarthling

Reaction score
Hello. I am a first time poster. I realize when I am dying no one but a small few are going to really care. I guess that's life. You think you have friends who care when you are going through something but they really don't care. On the other hand, do I let them know what I am going through as a means of getting attention an pity? If that's the case then shame on me. I hope they don't think I am doing that. I hope I am not guilty of that. But then again, to just ignore what I told you about health wise after I send a message, I just have to shake my head: especially since she's a nurse.

I'd like to say that I don't care, but I can't.

I hope to see you on the forums again

This is confusing to me, especially the nurse part. Are you actually dying, or do you just feel that you are dying?

AnotherEarthling said:
Hello. I am a first time poster. I realize when I am dying no one but a small few are going to really care. I guess that's life. You think you have friends who care when you are going through something but they really don't care. On the other hand, do I let them know what I am going through as a means of getting attention an pity? If that's the case then shame on me. I hope they don't think I am doing that. I hope I am not guilty of that. But then again, to just ignore what I told you about health wise after I send a message, I just have to shake my head: especially since she's a nurse.

The people who love you will care and in the end, they are the only ones that matter. When it comes to sickness, some people don't know how to respond or what to say so they don't come around or they change the subject. It really depends on how serious it is...

Naleena said:
The people who love you will care and in the end, they are the only ones that matter. When it comes to sickness, some people don't know how to respond or what to say so they don't come around or they change the subject. It really depends on how serious it is...

This, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Sometimes you'd be surprised though...er well I guess you couldn't though if you died...anyway what I'm going to say is that you'd be surprised who might come to your funeral. The sad thing is some people don't see what is in front of them until it is too late, then feel the guilt after.

Hello everyone,
I am pathetic. I am in a sexless marriage. My partner and I aren't even attracted to one another physically! I have not had a full time job in years! No love, no sex, just pathetic!!!!

Hello everyone,
I am pathetic. I am in a sexless marriage. My partner and I aren't even attracted to one another physically! I have not had a full time job in years! No love, no sex, just pathetic!!!!

Thanks for the welcome. I am pathetic. I am in a sexless marriage. We are not even attracted to each other. Out of work for years too. I'm pathetic.

No you are not, you're just in a bad place right now. Maybe it's time to make some drastic changes in your life.

AnotherEarthling said:
Thanks for the welcome. I am pathetic. I am in a sexless marriage. We are not even attracted to each other. Out of work for years too. I'm pathetic.

Hello Earthling (goodness me that sounds strange), welcome to the community! :)

First things first, you're not pathetic. Self-depreciation like that doesn't help anyone. Being married in itself is an achievement!

There are many here (like myself) who consider a basic relationship a thousand miles away from our capabilities, so having a partner like that is something to be proud of even if you're not feeling that way right now!

We had a poster on here a while ago who was considering an affair because he felt his marriage was loveless. Talking with him revealed some very interesting facets to his life that were the clear root of the problem - the outcome was never known, but I expect he was able to assess what was going wrong much more easily after that thread.

If you'd like to discuss this a bit but feel that the mainstream issues threads may be a little too open, please feel free to private message me. I can be trusted to talk through things in confidence if you would like that.

- Solitary

Latest posts

Back