No one talks to me on MSN :(

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sway

Reaction score
Okay, say within the past 3 months i'm overcome most of my insecurities and i can chat with people well, make friends, and enjoy myself... IN-PERSON

But on MSN, txt, facebook, and all these social devices thingyys, it seems that no one bothers to chat with me except when they need something...

And i start getting all sorts of insecurities...

• Am I boring when not in person?
  • Do the people only laugh with me at the moment, but not rly care afterwards?
  • Am I only remebered when people need something from me?
  • Is it because i can't carry a conversation properly? Tho that doesn't affect me in person...

And this problem amplifies cuz my roommate always has these lengthy msn chats the entire night with at least 1 or 2 people every single night!,,, and most of the time.. other people just talk to him first!!
Then all my class friends get txts all the time.. and i'm just sitting there staring at my phone..boo

With the little amounts of chat that I do have... they aways end abruptly, with the last lines I txt.. or send....

Maybe I'm just thinking too much,,, but would anyone care to enlighten me on this??

Tho not-in-person convos on this forum don't count as a response :p,, it's just that the people here are awesome

heya,
Did you read my thread earlier that I keep checking my phone intensely every minute? haha
I hate myself when I am like that rly...txting is not something that cheers.I prefer face-to-face convos. As to who sends msg first..hmm here I can't say its usually me who seeking buddies available in my msn list to kill the boredom at msn.So I don't think I am a boring kinda person but it's frustrating if you LIKE some one who happens to be NOT very into txting or msn or whatever...
I don't really think I can enlighten you on this point. But,Sway,lets just try to leave the f**king phones for a while and see what happens. (Who cares if nobody ever bothers to txt me.If nobody txts me then I txt nobody! lol)
-kim

realisticly trying to gauge other peoples social interactions is very complicated. lots of people text loads but just as many dont. it can be depressing when the phone goes quiet for a while but dont worry about it. go out into the real world with a friend go for a coffee or something cos you will have more satisfying social interaction in person :D

The only people who phone or text me is family and that's only when they want something!
Msn i do chat talk to an old friend now and again but she's not online much or i get pervs adding me to msn who only want to chat to try and get sex so i block them!

I frequently have the same problem. Let me add you on MSN and I promise I'll talk to you. :)

People stopped IMing me years ago. I used to be a popular guy on the internet. Now I'm not lol. Anyway, I've gotten used to it so it doesnt really bother me much anymore.

I generally stay away from chatting and online messenger stuff. I have an account, but I'm rarely on it...just too many other things to do. I don't have the time to sit around and chat for hours on end. Maybe it's the same for those people on your contact list?

----Steve

i hate texting...

i've had varying degrees of active and unactive messenger life through the years. back when i used to use ICQ had lots of gamer friends on there pretty large buddy list...later on i used it sparingly to talk to close RL friends....now i rarely use messengers at all and don't keep in contact with anyone on my buddy lists...

god **** though is texting on phones not the most annoying bullshit ever... i even have one of those keypads on mine and it's still ******* annoying. Feels like having a conversation with some one through a god **** e-mail system lol... except you can only type 6 words per minute and you get about 20 words or so at most to convey something lol

seems to me that alot of phone and technology interaction i see these days is fueled by nervousness during social interactions... whatever happened to awkward silences and just being very quite and having nothing to say and feeling weird!!!

lol, i've always hated cell phones though... It's funny, I've embraced technology when i was a youngster during the baud modem AOL days... but alot of newer technology now just irks me...

but I feel you on the lack of messenger contact honeysuckle... i haven't really had any big activity through messengers for years now so...nothing new...

damnit I updated my status line on msn saying:Whoever it is,Talk to me.
and you know what? 0 out of the 21 available buddies out of the 114 buddies there bothers to drop me a word!
Its the technology to blame guys. But I can't say that I miss the old days without sms and emails and IMs etc etc,or it would be worse when I'm lonely but didnt even have this forum to resort to.

Truu this forum has ppl that understand, <3 it .. oh An IDea just hit me,, you guys wanna make forum msn group??
lol, instant IM would be amazing if we all had people that understand each other.

Just a thought =/ maybe it'll help brighten people's day.. if I saw ur Status, Kimberleykat i'd drop a hi.

Sway said:
Truu this forum has ppl that understand, <3 it .. oh An IDea just hit me,, you guys wanna make forum msn group??
lol, instant IM would be amazing if we all had people that understand each other.

Just a thought =/ maybe it'll help brighten people's day.. if I saw ur Status, Kimberleykat i'd drop a hi.

I like your Idea Sway..and Thanks a lot..a "hi" sometimes rly helps.
add me on msn maybe we can talk sometimes.
-kim

I have 83 contacts in msn. 78 of them are from this forum.

Sway said:
Okay, say within the past 3 months i'm overcome most of my insecurities and i can chat with people well, make friends, and enjoy myself... IN-PERSON

But on MSN, txt, facebook, and all these social devices thingyys, it seems that no one bothers to chat with me except when they need something...

I understand how you feel. At the moment, nobody has been speaking to me on my social networking accounts.

While it is heart breaking, you shouldn't take it too personally. Those people in your messenger list could be in your position, or they could be busy.

Yeah I noe wahoo, but I've just discovered that the folks on this forum are pretty chill, =/ Sanal and others are all great people to talk to.

I just added Sanal, and Kim today, it's quite refreshing meeting new ppl who are in the same position as u are =/

Latest posts

Back