No Support System

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xaero

Reaction score
This is more of a rant than anything else. I'm fed up with having temporary friends and being lonely all the time. I hate how the only people I can really talk to are my therapist (who I only see twice a month) and the suicide hotline (which I've never called). My therapist told me that if I'm ever feeling really lonely that I should call the suicide hotline. That's pretty ******* sad.

I don't blame myself for my lack of friends. I blame other people and their social ineptitude. I'm caring, respectful and social. The whole "I'm too busy to talk to you" excuse is exactly that: an excuse. I realize that people have busy schedules and we all need time alone. But if you care about someone, you will find the time to talk to them--even if it's a simple text saying hello or hello back. And as far as needing alone time goes, there comes the perfectly obvious moment when I realize that they simply don't want to talk to me anymore. They talk to me less and less until they finally stop talking to me altogether.

People suck. At least the people I've met.

/rant, I guess.

xaero said:
This is more of a rant than anything else. I'm fed up with having temporary friends and being lonely all the time. I hate how the only people I can really talk to are my therapist (who I only see twice a month) and the suicide hotline (which I've never called). My therapist told me that if I'm ever feeling really lonely that I should call the suicide hotline. That's pretty ******* sad.

I don't blame myself for my lack of friends. I blame other people and their social ineptitude. I'm caring, respectful and social. The whole "I'm too busy to talk to you" excuse is exactly that: an excuse. I realize that people have busy schedules and we all need time alone. But if you care about someone, you will find the time to talk to them--even if it's a simple text saying hello or hello back. And as far as needing alone time goes, there comes the perfectly obvious moment when I realize that they simply don't want to talk to me anymore. They talk to me less and less until they finally stop talking to me altogether.

People suck. At least the people I've met.

/rant, I guess.

That first paragraph I totally relate to. At the end of the appointment you feel like,"Oh, that's right you're just my friend for an hour..." I really get along with my therapist and we share a lot of similar interests but at the end of the session, it's the end of the session. I feel very isolated where I am as well.

Sorry Xaero, yes, most people suck, you have to find those who don't. Once a month for a therapist is not much, how comes so few meetings? What about group therapy?
I hope that the situation will change soon…

Thanks... I see my therapist twice a month. Twice a month seems sufficient to help 'fix' me. Anything more just seems like desperation, because I suppose it is. Kind of like a guy that orders a prostitute because it's the only way he'll ever get laid.

lol, I see what you mean, it's one step before Rent-a-friend :D I was asking because when I used to go it was customary to go once a week, and it was also useful for the social life because in the days immediately after I was all pumped up and it deflated by the following week. Anyway, I can imagine in very special situations it might even be useful to go to a prostitute.

You are similar to me in many ways. I had thought that I was the only one who had pretty much my therapist to talk to and noone else. (And in a few months she is retiring.)
It seems to be so hard to really connect with people. It's all small talk and false smiles, while inside we are dying for want of true contact and a hug.
It is so hard to cope without a support network.

I find that I don't have a hard time connecting with other people. Quite the contrary, in fact. The problem, it seems, is that other people don't want to have anything to do with me after a while, for no apparent reason. I'm not sure what it is. So far I've been able to keep one friend. I don't get to talk to him or see him anymore though because he's in the army.

I'm glad I at least have this place to come to to talk.

Most any problem can be made better by having someone to talk to about it. If your problem is not having anyone to talk to though..... well here we are. -SY

Latest posts

Back