Now that the year's over, how has 2012 been for you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How has 2012 been for you?

• Good - With everything, if not most things being fortunate and going to plan

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A mixed bag/Indifferent - A balance of ups and downs

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Bad - Mostly unfortunate circumstances and/or things not going to plan

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
Mixed. More bad than good I fear... but still I made a lot of progress in therapy which I think will help me in the future.

Mixed Bag for me.

Was promised a job in January which was then pushed back to March. As I was promised the job, I came off the benefits I was living on, assuming I wouldn't need them. I ended up barely having anything to eat for 6 weeks.

March came and the job was pushed back again. I was back on benefits at this time, but then I lost them for 6 weeks because of a mix up between Olympic jobs and my ability to apply for them. Due to Home Office checks, you could only apply for 1 Olympic job. I turned down a second offer as I already had one on the table. But the Job Center saw this as me refusing to work. In reality, had I accepted the work offered, I'd have had no work at the Olympics at all.

Eventually in May, I started work at the Olympics. But it was cut short due to issues at the Home Office. I was told that my details had been lost, so they couldn't do a CRB check and get me the pass I needed. I ended up working for about 1 month before being out of work yet again.

Luckily another employer came to the rescue and I got back into work within 2 weeks. I had a blast for a while but then in September, I was out of work again.

I want back on the usual benefits to live on and was offered an opportunity to undertake a construction course that was supposed to lead to a job at the end. Turns out this was the pilot run of the course which is to this day brand new. As a result I have yet to find work but was told that someone would be in touch in mid January 2013.

Things picked up in November when I met these 2 lovely French Girls that I've known for a few years. One of them is really very beautiful too. Had a great 2 nights out with them, even though we didn't do much. At the same time, I finally called it quits with this Norwegian Girl I had liked for a long long time. It was the kindest thing to do.

Then came Christmas which was average. I made some Gifts for the 2 French Girls and someone else. The totally gorgeous French Girl said that the gift I made her is the best Christmas Present she ever received. That was nice to hear. Probably one of the few things I will remember from this Christmas. Oh and also I treated myself to a Super Slim PS3, HDTV and Blackberry Smartphone which was great. Still waiting on games and stuff to this day. It's been a few weeks.

Moving on, I had an amazing New Years Eve/Day. The best to date I'd say. I went with a bunch of friends to Westminster. After standing about having a laugh with about 500,000 people, we saw the New Year in with the massive firework display they do every year. Got some amazing video footage.

As it stands, things are not too bad. I have applied for about 80 Jobs since October 2012. The other day, the first employer since my application frenzy got back to me. After asking me some questions, they said they'd be in touch the same day if I made it to the Interview stage. I sat by my phone for about 4 hours when I left it for just 2 minutes. Guess what? They called and I missed it. They left a number to call back and I did so. But I've had little luck. Interviews have taken place today and will take place tomorrow. So that's an opportunity lost. I'm raging on though :p

Latest posts

Back