Of Mice and Misery

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you ever see that cartoon called Mighty Mouse? If you haven't, you can see some on YouTube. You might get some good tips there. :)

This is madness. Mice galore. As soon as I put the traps down, I don't see another one. Surely these beasts cannot be that smart? How do they know I have put down bits of cardboard with glue on?

I have heard the theory to wear gloves while setting traps, but the things have been in my wastepaper basket trying to get recently used tissue so they can't be THAT averse to the smell of human!

But they are not anywhere. It's not like they're just avoiding the new obstacles, they have just gone altogether after making their presence very clear.

Hmmm, maybe I should just make friends but if they are multiplying it will not end well!

Nope. One minute they're everywhere, running around like crazy. 5 hours later I have not seen one of them. Setup traps for nothing. Now I have to put the glue boards somehwere the mice cannot run over them!

I am so angry at them I almost feel like saying Ok, just get stuck and suffer all night. But can't bring myself to do that. And now I have to worry about spiders walking over the glue traps wherever I put them.

It really is a PIA being compassionate to all beings yet having to deal with destructive pests!

Very strange. Since putting the glue boards down at strategic points, over 24 hours ago, I have seen no more signs of mouse activity. None. Not caught any mice, they just seem to have vanished.

Maybe they saw the glue boards and started hearing Alice Cooper's "No More Mr Mice Guy" in their little heads when they thought of me, and decided to beat a retreat to another location, maybe mouse mansion down the road, or the mouse motel across the street from me!

Or maybe they have gone for reinforcements!

Ah, 10 seconds after I posted that came a squeaking, mouse stuck in kitchen. Was stuck for all of 30 seconds, then dispatched near instantaneously. I wouldn't have wanted it to be stuck there any longer and just leaving those things unattended would certainly be inhumane. I should keep my big mouth shut, maybe I will win the lottery if I say it out loud?!

Latest posts

Back