Off to Montucky...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
I'm off to Montana tomorrow after my morning biology class for a practice run on the physical agility test they'll be doing at the fire exam later this year.. I shall return with tales of great heroism and impossible perils. Or maybe just a gripe about my hotel room. Maybe a mix of the three.

Possibly even with photos.

Wish me luck,
B

So here I am at my hotel sitting in the lounge for wifi.

It's ******* snowing. They closed the passes and it's going to snow the entire weekend.

GOOD JOB MONTANA THANKS A LOT SURE IS GREAT TO BE HERE

Rofl :p

Oh well. The food here isn't bad at least. And somewhere there's an indoor pool if I ever find it.

Brian said:
So here I am at my hotel sitting in the lounge for wifi.

It's ******* snowing. They closed the passes and it's going to snow the entire weekend.

GOOD JOB MONTANA THANKS A LOT SURE IS GREAT TO BE HERE

We don't like out-of-staters. This is how we drive them away. :p

Well I'm back. I finished the practice CPAT run with about 1:45 to spare and got a few pointers on an evolution that kind of tripped me up, so I'm feeling pretty confident about the 'Real Deal' in a couple of months.

For anyone curious, this is the CPAT test:

Lol I seriously thought I was going to die when I finished. It's intense. The stair climber portion took it out of me...I need to throw some weight on and run some stairs.

Aside from that I had a pretty good few days off. I had some nice meals at some of the local restaurants and generally enjoyed some quiet time to myself in my hotel room with my laptop, a book, cable TV, a jug of Arizona Tea and a box of malted milk balls :p Such quiet time, once something I had in excess, has become a rare and valued commodity.

After I checked out of my hotel I decided to visit the state capitol building and the nearby museum before I left. They have a really cool capitol and an interesting museum and I got some good pictures I'll try and post.

On the way back I stopped at lots of historical markers and visited the Sunshine Miner Memorial, a memorial erected for those lost in the Sunshine Mine fire in nearby Silver Valley back in the 70s. Other than that and a stop for gas it was pretty much a straight 370 mile drive home :D

You're right, the capital building and adjacent museum are quite interesting.

Brian said:
Well I'm back. I finished the practice CPAT run with about 1:45 to spare and got a few pointers on an evolution that kind of tripped me up, so I'm feeling pretty confident about the 'Real Deal' in a couple of months.

For anyone curious, this is the CPAT test:

Lol I seriously thought I was going to die when I finished. It's intense. The stair climber portion took it out of me...I need to throw some weight on and run some stairs.

Welcome back! Good job on your training. You guys amaze me with all the honeysuckle you have to be able to do.

A GF's husband is a firefighter down in NJ and she's always telling us stories. She keeps teasing me with tales of the Firefighter Olympics too, trying to get me to come for a visit. lol

Latest posts

Back