Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kind of want to start playing Guild Wars 2 again, but I probably have forgotten how to play it. :D

New controller yay so I'm back on Dark Souls.. kicked the Gaping Dragon's butt and now I'm wandering in the Depths where I've fallen, rather comicaly, down a couple of holes :D. I also installed the graphics card user 130057 recommended so I've been playing Hand of Fate. I'm enjoying it although it's amusing how quickly things change in that game one minute I'm doing great the next terrible, terrible, luck, then sometimes I suddenly recover again. I've also been playing a little of Smash on my 3DS trying out a few new characters.

I should continue with Alien: Isolation...but I can't raise enough motivation after the Alien ate my face so unpolitely last time.

BeyondShy said:
What the heck is Dark Souls?

In short, a japanese action role-playing-game with medieval/fantasy setting which is quite notorious for its high gameplay difficulty.

Rodent said:
BeyondShy said:

In short, a japanese action role-playing-game with medieval/fantasy setting which is quite notorious for its high gameplay difficulty.

Thank you. I never heard of it.

BeyondShy said:
Rodent said:
BeyondShy said:

Thank you. I never heard of it.

Yep pretty much what Rodent's said. There are few of the 'Souls' games out there: Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 & 2, and the new Bloodborne game for the PS4 is made by the same company and is the same type of game. As well as their difficulty the games are known for their combat and boss battles. They also have some interesting online/multiplayer-esque dynamics where you can put down messages for other players to see, invade other player's worlds, help fight bosses etc.

Katerina said:
Yep pretty much what Rodent's said. There are few of the 'Souls' games out there: Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 & 2, and the new Bloodborne game for the PS4 is made by the same company and is the same type of game. As well as their difficulty the games are known for their combat and boss battles. They also have some interesting online/multiplayer-esque dynamics where you can put down messages for other players to see, invade other player's worlds, help fight bosses etc.

Sounds like you all can really get involved playing these games with so much to do in them.

The only games I have are sports ones. Rarely any others.

I bought a used copy of Skyrim and found out it was one of the un-patched copies which allowed me to use the infinite money glitch. Sweet.:D

Chun li said:
I bought a used copy of Skyrim and found out it was one of the un-patched copies which allowed me to use the infinite money glitch. Sweet.:D

****! Is there that sort of glitch in real life too, I want to get myself patched like that :p

I really want to try Elite Dangerous. Has anyone else tried it before here? It looks so epic and cool.

Okay. Eversion was interesting. I still feel like I shouldn't have wasted that much money on a game that takes barely one hour to complete...oh well.

Rodent said:
Okay. Eversion was interesting. I still feel like I shouldn't have wasted that much money on a game that takes barely one hour to complete...oh well.

Only an hour long? Hope it wasn't too expensive then.

Katerina said:
Rodent said:

Only an hour long? Hope it wasn't too expensive then.

Let's see...it did take me another hour to complete it with 100%. So I guess 3,99 € are alright. The whole "visual" experience (8-Bit graphics aside) was worth it.

Rodent said:
Let's see...it did take me another hour to complete it with 100%. So I guess 3,99 € are alright. The whole "visual" experience (8-Bit graphics aside) was worth it.

Ah not too bad then. :)

Still playing Hand of Fate at the moment. Got to the final dealer battle on my first try as I was pretty lucky before then being brutally struck down :p. The combat system would be a lot easier with a controller I feel as you have to use WASD without any mouse for direction control so it makes it easy to make mistakes. I might see if I can use my PS3 controller if that's possible.

I've been playing the PC version of GTAV. I had already played through the Xbox 360 version when it was originally released, but I wanted the eye candy version. I'm treating it as a photography simulator - I'm just travelling around taking screenshots and snapmatic pictures of the flora and fauna.

Playing 'Spec Ops: The Line' again on higher difficulty. Of course the second run won't be nearly as harrowing as the first one. That goes for any game/movie/book...but the effect is still there.

I always think you can find a lot of little interesting things on a subsequent playthrough. On higher difficulties your ally AI does become a bit of a liability at times I noticed. It killed me a few times on FUBAR as they'd love to run out into enemy fire. Maybe it was the PTSD though ;)

Katerina said:
I always think you can find a lot of little interesting things on a subsequent playthrough. On higher difficulties your ally AI does become a bit of a liability at times I noticed. It killed me a few times on FUBAR as they'd love to run out into enemy fire. Maybe it was the PTSD though ;)

Good point, maybe I'll attempt to collect all the intel pieces this time too. I'm just on Suicide Mission difficulty...but I already notice the trauma intensifying. AI (and me) running straight into blazing machineguns. :p

Recently finished Mafia II (PS3) after many hours put in. All of the work and sleepless nights trying to complete it only to be hugely disappointed with the ending. What a drag.

I've been playing MKX, just because...

I've been playing Scribblenauts Unlimited, because in what other game can I decide that the correct course of action when tasked with sharpening a pencil is to turn up mounted on a giant fire-breathing, rainbow coloured velociraptor and chop it up with a 8ft katana?

Latest posts

Back