Oh Christ get me out of the UK!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raven22 said:
So what you are saying is your view is right and nobody else can have an opinion if it different to yours.
And that all Women deserve to be raped?

I'm saying nothing of the sort I'm saying that I'm a compassionate person and I don't believe in taking revenge on other humans for the sake of it. I did not say any woman deserve to be raped I said defining everything as rape cheapens real rape. As a former rent boy I don't claim I was sexually abused, despite having been subjected to sexual violence. It was different, for me to define what happened to me in the same terms as incest and child rape cheapens these things. I'm a feminist and currently studying Sylvia Walby's book on patriarchy - patriarchy and homophobia lead me and many boys like me into sexual situations with adults we shouldn't have been in.

The evidence is that most crime in the west is derived largely from capitalism, more particularly neo-liberalism at the moment. Three Felonies A Day is a good book to read, it points out that without knowing it most Americans can be guilty of committing 3 crimes a day. The UK is going down this path. Noam Chomsky points out the criminalization of black life, prisons became slave labour camps and much of America's wealth was built on this.

If prison is to be a torture then you'd better be sure the torment you would visit on others is legitimate, which more often it is not. The US is the only country in the world where more men are raped than women due to the ever expanding prison industrial complex. How is it that rape of men is justified if they have a crystal meth habit or steal something or are unable to withdraw when they are close to cuming?

You're still saying that anybody who has a different opinion to you is wrong. And as TheRealCallie pointed out. No means no.

Perhaps some lighter reading material would surfice?

Might I recommend Grimms fairy tales? Much more enjoyable but full of made up stories and make believe tales.
Just like the books you read but much more pleasant. And nice colorful pictures. :)

If this thread is going to continue, could it please be moved to the 'debate' section?

When one person is taking the time to make cogent, detailed arguments and the other person is tersely screaming oversimplified slogans and insults, there is no conversation. I recommend that two of our users totally ignore each other and that this thread be locked.

I recommend tthis thread get back on topic - the tyrannical nature of the UK government. I don't know how things wondered off track, I certainly didn't mean them to.

So yeah. Back to the tyrannical UK gov if you don't mind. Thanks darlings.

Fair enough. No one has yet responded to my question whether the new UK government is authoritarian or totalitarian, as I defined those words in my earlier reply. Maybe someone could do so now.

The UK gov is totalitarian. See Slavoj Zizek the freedom of a forced choice. Then see TTIP.

Latest posts

Back